11-02-2012 04:11 PM
750 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Mine has just arrived (Nottingham)
    When did you order it?

A lot of people making new accounts to say that they've received theirs.
    10-29-2012 12:33 PM
    Definitely! 100 store credit to subsidise my new order, which will have to placed on Friday because that's how long the money will be reserved on my account for. Have they never charged cards before?! Very disappointing.
    MS is soooooooooo ridiculous. I faced the same situation.
    10-29-2012 12:34 PM
    I've just arrived home to find a "missed delivery" slip from UPS - now this is where that flippin' shipping notification email would have been handy *grins*

Still, I'm happy that it's nearly here - I just need to decide if I go collect it, or have it redelivered tomorrow and take the day off to wait for it... ah, seeing as my nearest UPS location is 45 mins away, I think I'll be waiting in tomorrow morning for it :)
    10-29-2012 12:34 PM
    When did you order it?
    I ordered it on 16th
    10-29-2012 12:38 PM
    Definitely! 100 store credit to subsidise my new order, which will have to placed on Friday because that's how long the money will be reserved on my account for. Have they never charged cards before?! Very disappointing.
    I tried for 50 but 100 would be better, apparently I'll hear back in the next 48hours. I've already re-ordered mine, my bank helpfully sorted out an instant payment to my card to push my available balance back up, but a free extended warranty or VGA adapter would be very nice.
    10-29-2012 12:39 PM
    I've just arrived home to find a "missed delivery" slip from UPS - now this is where that flippin' shipping notification email would have been handy *grins*

At least you got that, I have nothing here :(
    10-29-2012 12:44 PM
    I ordered mine on the 22nd (Edinburgh) and phoned up today. Apparently it has went through ok and should be dispatched within 72 hours. My order status still says pending and the pre-order date says the 2nd. So looks like that's about right and i should have it by Friday :)
    10-29-2012 12:45 PM
    UPS came back with a second delivery this afternoon but no Surface for me. Seems like a lot of deliveries need to happen tomorrow, for Microsoft's sake...! :@

I ordered on the 16th before 5pm BST.
    10-29-2012 12:48 PM
    I tried for 50 but 100 would be better, apparently I'll hear back in the next 48hours. I've already re-ordered mine, my bank helpfully sorted out an instant payment to my card to push my available balance back up, but a free extended warranty or VGA adapter would be very nice.
    Yup, "hopefully" 48 hours is what they told me as well. The lady I talked to seemed pretty confident that the resolution would be another voucher, I said it'd better be for a substantial amount, she said she couldn't promise anything as she didn't have the information. She also said that it might take longer because of the large number of cases needing to be escalated.
    10-29-2012 12:52 PM
    Yup, "hopefully" 48 hours is what they told me as well. The lady I talked to seemed pretty confident that the resolution would be another voucher, I said it'd better be for a substantial amount, she said she couldn't promise anything as she didn't have the information. She also said that it might take longer because of the large number of cases needing to be escalated.
    I also hope part of their solution is to make sure anyone who was affected first time has their new payment handled manually, so if it goes wrong again they can fix it this time.
    10-29-2012 12:57 PM
    Seems like a lot of deliveries need to happen tomorrow, for Microsoft's sake...! :@
    A LOT. I'm estimating roughly 90% to 95% of all pre-orders haven't been delivered yet.
    10-29-2012 12:58 PM
    A LOT. I'm estimating roughly 90% to 95% of all pre-orders haven't been delivered yet.
    It's frustrating, I pre-ordered within minutes of the pre-order page going live but mine hasn't arrived today, seems like they're not going out in any kind of order. Fingers-crossed for tomorrow though I guess.
    10-29-2012 01:00 PM
    I also hope part of their solution is to make sure anyone who was affected first time has their new payment handled manually, so if it goes wrong again they can fix it this time.
    I don't think they can handle it manually. I'm not sure how they plan to actually fix this.

But I do suggest that anyone who's had problems should call and argue their case. The more disatisfied customers we are, the more likely that they'll do something to restore their reputation.
    10-29-2012 01:02 PM
    Oh, and for those who've asked elsewhere; I can't see any relationship between the package numbers (2 packages in my case) and my order number. So no help there in seeing if you can track your own packages without any shipping info - sorry :(
    10-29-2012 01:04 PM
    It's frustrating, I pre-ordered within minutes of the pre-order page going live but mine hasn't arrived today, seems like they're not going out in any kind of order. Fingers-crossed for tomorrow though I guess.
    I'm actually nearby you in Chichester, so we should get ours at the same time. I think our nearest dispatch centre is Croydon where the UPS vans come from, which is ludicrous.
    10-29-2012 01:12 PM
    Same picture in germany. Only a handful people posted that they Surfaces arrived. One of them ordered 20th october. O.o
    10-29-2012 01:14 PM
    There's going to be a complete s**t storm if Microsoft and UPS don't deliver at least all the pre-orders tomorrow. I've already got 100 (2 x 50) worth of vouchers from them, so all I need is an excuse to harass them some more and my Christmas is paid for.
    10-29-2012 01:17 PM
    There's going to be a complete s**t storm if Microsoft and UPS don't deliver at least all the pre-orders tomorrow. I've already got 100 (2 x 50) worth of vouchers from them, so all I need is an excuse to harass them some more and my Christmas is paid for.
    Why did you get a second one? Anyway, I think you can only use one voucher at a time, unfortunately, so that's why I'm hoping for a deep discount on a Surface order. I'd even be willing to wait for 3 weeks if it comes with a 100+ discount...
    10-29-2012 01:23 PM
    Why did you get a second one? Anyway, I think you can only use one voucher at a time, unfortunately, so that's why I'm hoping for a deep discount on a Surface order. I'd even be willing to wait for 3 weeks if it comes with a 100+ discount...
    I've only bought one Surface. The 100 worth of vouchers is me complaining about 1 Surface. You can use them together. My aim is a free Xbox 360 with Kinect.
    10-29-2012 01:31 PM
    I've only bought one Surface. The 100 worth of vouchers is me complaining about 1 Surface. You can use them together. My aim is a free Xbox 360 with Kinect.
    2 vouchers for complaining about a single Surface... Wow, that's efficient. That just proves it's worth bugging Microsoft to fix this until you're happy with the outcome.
    10-29-2012 01:34 PM
    My surface still hasn't arrived but I'm still holding on hope! My UPS driver gets here around 5/6.

If it isn't delivered tomorrow I'd happily accept a lifetime subscription to Office!! :P
    10-29-2012 01:41 PM
    nearly 6pm and no Surface to play with here...... :-(
    10-29-2012 01:50 PM
    Ah well, we waited the best we could wait, lets try to wait even harder for tomorrow and maybe the wait fairy will reward us.
    10-29-2012 02:21 PM
    Ah well, we waited the best we could wait, lets try to wait even harder for tomorrow and maybe the wait fairy will reward us.
    I'd rather have the pain that comes with the tooth fairy than the Microsoft delivery fairy. I'm starting to genuinely believe this wont come tomorrow.
    10-29-2012 02:28 PM
    I'd rather have the pain that comes with the tooth fairy than the Microsoft delivery fairy. I'm starting to genuinely believe this wont come tomorrow.
    I'm convinced it's not coming. Dribs and drabs of deliveries over the next week or two I expect.
    10-29-2012 02:49 PM
750 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD