Surface Shipping Details (UK)

squiggs1982

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. West coast here and still hoping for tonight, although given the hour I'm reckoning tomorrow now. :-(

East coast - nothing either. Frankly, less than impressed. My original order said delivery by 26th. Called and they said between 26th & 30th, so didn't kick up a big fuss. This is poor though - I don't quite understand how they got this so wrong.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the DHL info.

So what happens with deliveries to workplaces that are shut tonight and we have no tracking number etc to chase up? Will they retry in the morning?

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully security in the building I work in will take it in overnight and pass over to the post room in the morning, but nothing's guaranteed until it's in my hands!

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh dear... i knew this would happen i am literally jumping from obsession to obssession, so today i was less concerned about not receiving the surface yet because i was too consumed with finding out whether the Lumia 920 will still be available sim free... but phones4u is just as clueless as microsoft customer services. Seriously why do i feel like people are getting more and more useless, i really dont understand how customer services dont know about the products their company is offering. this is getting ridiculous and im getting ridiculously impatient now! grrr

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So it looks like the 30th is over and most people are still waiting.

Time for the **** to hit the fan.

What are we going to say to those gringo's on the support line tomorrow? I'm going for an extra ?100 in vouchers.

Got screenshots of my whole order process, and all other communications so far. I'm going to enjoy this one. :lol:

Surfacejunkie

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
East coast - nothing either. Frankly, less than impressed. My original order said delivery by 26th. Called and they said between 26th & 30th, so didn't kick up a big fuss. This is poor though - I don't quite understand how they got this so wrong.

That was my attitude but that's going to change tomorrow. I really feel sorry for the unsuspecting customer services agent who answers the phone to my call in the morning. I'm really p!ssed about this now. Mainly because of them dispatching in god knows what order. It looks like I'd have been better not pre-ordering!

I live in Edinburgh and work in Dundee so I'll no doubt end up with re-delivery sh!t to deal with on top of this. I wasn't fussed about further compensation but I really feel they've messed me around with this fiasco and feel justified in complaining.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in Stortford so fingers crossed you'll have a guy who stinks of cigs on your doorstep shortly :)

Didn't turn up :(

Going to ring up tomorrow from work. Really unhappy with it.

The most annoying part is simply that there wasn't any tracking number or any information at all - wouldnt have minded as much just knowing it was/wasn't coming. So glad I didn't take another day off as well to stay in for it.

KRS_21

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nothing arrived for me in Liverpool! I ordered on the 17th as it seems a few others have.

They have really shot themselves in the foot by saying that it would arrive between 26th & 30th. Should have just stuck by the original delayed email of the 2nd Nov - which to be honest now is when i'm fully expecting it to arrive.

The service hasn't been up to par - especially from a company like Microsoft! I too will be having a rant on the phone to customer service tomorrow. Not hearing anything about dispatches or order stage is a joke imo. I'd get better tracking from a carrier pigeon!

I'll probably forget about all the drama they have caused when it's finally in my hands though!!

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
From the sublime to the ridiculous, I ordered mine (32Gb with Type cover) on the 16th 2 days later as an afterthought I ordered the VGA adaptor cable. At 12:02 a.m. today, I got a ship advice email for the adaptor cable still no word whatsoever on my surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo