Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

11-02-2012 04:11 PM
750 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Update. Mine arrived (Colchester, North Essex), nobody at home. No email confirmations. Delivered via UPS so god knows when I'll get hold of now. Bugger.

Will call them in a bit and see what's happening.
    10-31-2012 08:47 AM
    Hi, I've never posted on a forum before, but this one has been so helpful that I decided to contribute.

My Surface arrived today by DHL. Delivery was attempted yesterday at 1545, but no-one was home. I'd seen the DHL van leaving the end of the road as I came in, but ignored it because I understood the delivery would be by UPS.

Anyway
    it's a 64Gb with black touch cover.
    Ordered 18/10 at 1601hrs

I also ordered a VGA adaptor, which hasn't arrived.

Neither have been charged, my bank account shows no pending transactions.

The DHL label is over the top of a UPS one. I had the shipping delayed email and the 50 apology but have received no shipping email and my MS account still says Order In Process.

Good luck everybody who's still waiting.
    10-31-2012 08:55 AM
    Surface arrived yesterday via DHL at about half 5 in the evening (very nearly missed it) of course there's no sign of the touch cover but at least some progress isn't being made!
    10-31-2012 09:04 AM
    Just got off the phone with CS. Asked multiple times to speak to someone who's responsible for this, or a supervisor, they just repeatedly flat out refused. Kept telling me to ring fedex, despite the fact I have a shipping label from UPS. So I rang Fedex anyway, nothing as expected, rang UPS who said a label was created two days ago but they've heard nothing and that Microsoft needs to get in contact with them urgently, hardly inspiring stuff is it?

I'm so fed up now, this customer service is beyond terrible. I'm going to try ring them again after lunch and get through to management, will probably fail though.
    10-31-2012 09:10 AM
    Ordered - 17th 32gb with Cover
    Location - Ipswich

Just got off the phone to CS again as it's still not turned up and the missus is going out soon. Plus they also told me they'd call me back.

Lady had a look and said my delivery is now scheduled to be with me "by Nov 1st". I said it wasn't good enough.

She said cases where people had order on 16/17th and not had delivery had been escalated to MS. But because of that they had no visibility of that escalation.

I asked for a complaints form which she said she'll send me.

CS, for me, have been polite and as helpful as they can be, although the last lady I spoke to sounded well p!ssed off. It's the situation I want to complain about.
    10-31-2012 09:18 AM
    Thought I'd weigh in with some details:

Ordered: 20th
    SKU: 32GB w/Touch cover
    Destination: Isle of Wight

Communication: None since order confirmed, no voucher
    Payment: Not taken

:|
    Mine just arrived. My online banking doesn't even show that the money has gone out, but I guess that could just be taking a couple of days to show. Oh well, off to play!
    10-31-2012 09:24 AM
    DHL have mine. Should have arrived today if it wasn't for a mistake in the delivery address. A helpful person at CS sorted the matter out with DHL and everything is in order for delivery tomorrow. The end is in sight!

Worth mentioning that there has been no acknowledgement of the product being shipped. No tracking number either.
    10-31-2012 09:26 AM
    Ordered - 17th 32gb with Cover
    Location - Ipswich

Just got off the phone to CS again as it's still not turned up and the missus is going out soon. Plus they also told me they'd call me back.

Lady had a look and said my delivery is now scheduled to be with me "by Nov 1st". I said it wasn't good enough.

She said cases where people had order on 16/17th and not had delivery had been escalated to MS. But because of that they had no visibility of that escalation.

I asked for a complaints form which she said she'll send me.

CS, for me, have been polite and as helpful as they can be, although the last lady I spoke to sounded well p!ssed off. It's the situation I want to complain about.
    That would include me - Ordered on the 17th and other than a confirmation and a 50 token - that is all I have been given and the call center were not much help either.
    10-31-2012 09:37 AM
    Just had a depressing call from the MS Store :(

Not delivered, has been placed on expedited delivery but will not be this week - may be next week but would not guarantee it :( - Coming from the Factory.

So probably will not make my Birthday on Monday :( still I am first to go out.

He asked me if I had any other words (big mistake) - so I said yes, hows about dreadful, unsatisfactory, hopeless.
    Last edited by paulschapman; 10-31-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    10-31-2012 10:07 AM
    Just received mine!! 32GB with Touch Cover, Pre-Ordered 17th Oct. Delivered by UPS Saver

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.
    10-31-2012 10:12 AM
    Just received mine!! 32GB with Touch Cover, Pre-Ordered 17th Oct. Delivered by UPS Saver

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else, my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.

where around london may i ask? happen to be anywhere near Stratford area?
    10-31-2012 10:18 AM
    People if you havn't received your surface yet then definitely give customer service a call and check if your order number is on a certain list. If its on the list then you will NOT be receiving the surface today or tomorrow... apparently im not on the list and so i should be getting my surface either today or tomorrow, i hope this is true!
    10-31-2012 10:22 AM
    W12, shepherds bush area. I suggest you call CS and ask if your order# is on the list to be delivered today/tomorrow. I think this list is all the information they have. Try not 2 be rude, the poor people, its not their fault but they are getting a lot of stick.
    10-31-2012 10:24 AM
    w12, shepherds bush area. I was also told that my order# was on the list.
    10-31-2012 10:27 AM
    People if you havn't received your surface yet then definitely give customer service a call and check if your order number is on a certain list. If its on the list then you will NOT be receiving the surface today or tomorrow... apparently im not on the list and so i should be getting my surface either today or tomorrow, i hope this is true!
    Sorry to be lazy but do you have the number to hand?

Thanks
    10-31-2012 10:27 AM
    lost for words.

So I rang up this morning, explaining my situation, that I have received a shipping email, and have an tracking number which UPS have on their system, however they're saying they've only created a label, they've not received anything or had pick up arranged by MS.

The guy I phone couldn't believe this and insisted it was being delivered by FedEx, despite me constantly telling him it wasn't. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone of authority, a manager, a supervisor, anyone, explaining they're now in possession of 400 of my pounds, they have a responsibility to me, however nothing.

We agreed a compromise that I should ring up Fedex and UPS and if they have nothing ring back and they'd escalate the case. So I rang Fedex, before I even finished reading the order number she laughed and said it wasn't one of theirs, as expected, at least someone got some fun out of this situation. Then I rang UPS and that's when it really goes down hill. I quote my tracking reference and I get the same line before about how they've created the label two days ago but not received anything. I laughed and explained I knew this but Microsoft insisted I checked, at which point he said "I think you should tell Microsoft they urgently need to contact us" great I thought, he's seen something on my account.

So I ring up CS and explain this all to them. At first it's the usual story "Your order is complete and should be delivered today or tomorrow" then I explain to her about what UPS said, and she then notices a note on my account from UPS. "Microsoft failed to provide tablet for order". She's completely thrown by this and has no idea what it means, so she puts me on hold for a few minutes and talks to her boss. She says they're all a bit thrown by this and have no idea what's happened, she says that they've escalated this to the upper management, however they can't provide me with any more information on what's happened or why it's happened until they review it. I asked her, what does this mean for me order? because if it's not shipped to UPS, I highly doubt that I'm going to receive it before tomorrow. She agreed and she said unfortunately due to the situation we have no idea when you're going to receive your order.

I obviously was not happy with this answer and I asked who could I speak to, I insisted that I speak to someone with some form of responsibility over the order, explaining I've paid 400 and I now have zero idea what's going on with my order. She said sorry and said all she can do is send a complaint for to me via email as they know nothing more, which as of now, ~15minutes later, I haven't received, and that's how the phone call ended.

So I'm left 400 out of pocket (actually having left my bank account), with no idea when my surface will arrive, with no one to advise me on my order, with no one taking responsibility for the problems, it's shocking, just unbelievable. I'm currently trying to find a phone number or anything of someone senior in the UK retail team, but no avail. I really don't know what to do.
    10-31-2012 10:29 AM

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.
    I ordered a Surface on the 16th, then canceled it, and ordered a fresh one on the 17th - then after the 50 voucher, I ordered a couple of Surface Power supplies (one to leave at work, and one to keep in my bag)
    The only payment authorised from my account is for the Power adaptors. (although worryingly it's been authorised 3 times :S - My bank assures me that it'll 'probably only be taken out once though')

Just spoke to a Madaline in romania (I think we're on first name terms now) and she has assured me that I'm 'very lucky', and 'might' recieve my power adaptors and surface either today or tomorrow, as i'm not on a list of people who will not be recieving their surfaces either today or tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breath... I'm yet to hear of one arriving where payment hasn't been taken from their account.

Congrats to everyone who's have arrived - I imagine I'll get over this rather quickly once it turns up.
    10-31-2012 10:31 AM
    lost for words.

So I rang up this morning, explaining my situation, that I have received a shipping email, and have an tracking number which UPS have on their system, however they're saying they've only created a label, they've not received anything or had pick up arranged by MS.

The guy I phone couldn't believe this and insisted it was being delivered by FedEx, despite me constantly telling him it wasn't. I asked repeatedly to speak to someone of authority, a manager, a supervisor, anyone, explaining they're now in possession of 400 of my pounds, they have a responsibility to me, however nothing.

We agreed a compromise that I should ring up Fedex and UPS and if they have nothing ring back and they'd escalate the case. So I rang Fedex, before I even finished reading the order number she laughed and said it wasn't one of theirs, as expected, at least someone got some fun out of this situation. Then I rang UPS and that's when it really goes down hill. I quote my tracking reference and I get the same line before about how they've created the label two days ago but not received anything. I laughed and explained I knew this but Microsoft insisted I checked, at which point he said "I think you should tell Microsoft they urgently need to contact us" great I thought, he's seen something on my account.

So I ring up CS and explain this all to them. At first it's the usual story "Your order is complete and should be delivered today or tomorrow" then I explain to her about what UPS said, and she then notices a note on my account from UPS. "Microsoft failed to provide tablet for order". She's completely thrown by this and has no idea what it means, so she puts me on hold for a few minutes and talks to her boss. She says they're all a bit thrown by this and have no idea what's happened, she says that they've escalated this to the upper management, however they can't provide me with any more information on what's happened or why it's happened until they review it. I asked her, what does this mean for me order? because if it's not shipped to UPS, I highly doubt that I'm going to receive it before tomorrow. She agreed and she said unfortunately due to the situation we have no idea when you're going to receive your order.

I obviously was not happy with this answer and I asked who could I speak to, I insisted that I speak to someone with some form of responsibility over the order, explaining I've paid 400 and I now have zero idea what's going on with my order. She said sorry and said all she can do is send a complaint for to me via email as they know nothing more, which as of now, ~15minutes later, I haven't received, and that's how the phone call ended.

So I'm left 400 out of pocket (actually having left my bank account), with no idea when my surface will arrive, with no one to advise me on my order, with no one taking responsibility for the problems, it's shocking, just unbelievable. I'm currently trying to find a phone number or anything of someone senior in the UK retail team, but no avail. I really don't know what to do.
    Well you can wait like the rest of us :)
    10-31-2012 10:32 AM
    @Loz Blake

Wow this is crazy, sorry to hear this, did they tell you anything about your order number being on a certain "list" coz if its on the list apparently you wont get your surface in this week. But i cant help but think its just another way to give us false hope
    10-31-2012 10:37 AM
    rang, I am not on the list and should get the 32gb (ordered the 23rd) tomorrow... also ask for my 64gb ordered on the 28th, he said it was 3 weeks to wait (didn't show 3 weeks when I purchased) so I kindly asked to get it cancelled.
    10-31-2012 10:38 AM
    I spoke with MSstore in germany (where i ordered mine and which has had the exact same dates in email and such as the uk).

They told me that there was huge deliveryproblems and that more units (mine included) wasnt expected in (wcs) up to tree weeks!!!!?! although i had confirmation of shipping on the 26th of october. I got the 50euro rebate but not more.

This sucks! i sure hope that guy was wrong!
    10-31-2012 10:44 AM
    Got a really nice surprise today when I got home. Received my 64GB Surface! I'm really excited but also feel for those that pre-ordered but haven't received theirs yet. If I'm honest, I wasn't expecting mine until next week; I only ordered it on the 27th (when the 64GB model was still showing as in stock). It shows that their pre-order wasn't going as it could have.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    10-31-2012 10:48 AM
    Well you can wait like the rest of us :)
    They've got my money, then need to delivery it now!
    dhpunk likes this.
    10-31-2012 11:06 AM
    @Loz Blake

Wow this is crazy, sorry to hear this, did they tell you anything about your order number being on a certain "list" coz if its on the list apparently you wont get your surface in this week. But i cant help but think its just another way to give us false hope
    Thanks dude, nothing about any lists though, if anything she suggested that mine was out for delivery, hence how they've managed to lose my unit.
    10-31-2012 11:06 AM
    Hey people... FINALLY GOT THE SURFACE... so yeh i live in london area near Westfield Stratford area, money has been on hold, still says order in process, nothing beats a huge smile on my face... dont lose hope!
    rOIVAz likes this.
    10-31-2012 11:08 AM
750 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD