Surface Shipping Details (UK)

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Saturday is unlikely - I think the reason they're saying '30th October' is that with Expedited shipping, if they send it out on the 26th, Saturday and Sunday don't count as business delivery days ... so that would leave you with either the 29th or 30th.

Yeah I'd rather it arrives on Mon/Tues when I'm actually in the office...and available to RUN to the postroom as soon as it arrives. I guess it's better to face the reality of delivery next week and hope for an awesome Monday of Windows Phone 8 unveil + Surface arrival :lol:

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone in the UK had their card charged just logged I to my account and there is no pending transaction.

The receipt email you received after lacing your pre-order should show that your card won't actually be charged until the product becomes available. Microsoft will have placed a 'hold' on the money - but that isn't the sane as actually /taking/ it. The 'hold' they place allows them to verify your payment details so that they can confirm the order back to you.

When the pre-order is actually processed, and your Surface sent out, /then/ I would expect charges to start showing up on people's statements :)

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Really disappointed by this order process from Microsoft, although I will of course eat my words if it appears on my doorstep tomorrow after all. After the cock up on saturday with the mistaken slipped release date, I rang MS on monday to confirm when it would arrive, because like everyone else mine shows Preorder for 02/11/2012 on my online order details. They didn't really seem to understand why I was concerned but told me it would be arriving on the 26th. I just rang them again now as I still haven't had any shipping info and it still says 02/11 despite them telling me on monday it would take a few days for the mistake to be updated... I was told today that that it was 'In Process' - I know that - and they couldn't tell if it's been shipped, but that it would arrive either 26th or 30th (guess no Saturday deliveries).

I really hope it does arrive tomorrow because I'm at work on Monday till late evening so I won't be able to get it until Tuesday from the local depot!!

However, I imagine these are being sent direct from China, like the US orders, I mean why have a completely different delivery chain process? So maybe they will arrive after all? Finger crossed.

EDIT: Ordered mine a couple hours after became available on 16th and on Debit Card, no charge taken yet.

WasStoNed

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Still no money out of my bank either.....it's very sad but the weekend will be a killer if we have to wait.

MS should've opened up some temporary stores around the UK, I'm sure by the time they launch their MS Phone 8 they will have ironed all the kinks out!

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
On the MicrosoftStore and Surface twitter accounts, the language has changed slightly from "expect delivery as per your original email receipt" to "expect delivery 26th-30th October"

As for shipping, I don't think it will be coming from China direct, I suspect they've got them stocked somewhere in the UK. The 'Expedited Shipping' delivery process they are using is a 1-2 business day delivery. If the OP is correct about them not actually being /sent/ until 26th, then that would explain the 'no later than the 30th' delivery estimate that's floating about. Microsoft are _STILL_ being misleading in my opinion. If they're sending the things out on the 26th using Expedited Shipping, then the idea of them arriving the same day is just ludicrous, so there is no justification to even imply that delivery is somehow "26th-30th".

Microsoft Retail are really painting a bad picture of themselves and leaving a bad taste in peoples mouths. They're misleading their own customers, and given we're all early adopters, we're the very people they need to make a good first impression with - we're the ambassadors for these sorts of products, the people who our friends and family will look to for advice on whether to buy the thing themselves. The whole thing feels badly handled.

WasStoNed

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to dwell on this anymore, I've waited long enough, I can add a couple of days.

Just hope my Nokia 920 wait is not as bad.....

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So, had a phone call with the Microsoft Store helpline today.

They told me the products will be /sent out/ on the 26th. I explained my email had shown "delivery by 26th October", and they tried to say that this meant the product would arrive 'around that date'. I asserted that most (all?) people would understand it to mean delivery on or before the 26th, but the initially didn't seem to want to accept that!

After persisting with putting the point forward, the representative then put me on hold, came back, and changed tack. Apparently, they originally did intend to get the shipments out for arrival by 26th .. but just didn't anticipate demand.

Frankly, I don't believe that either. All they needed to do was send the product out today rather than waiting for tomorrow, but I suspect that was never the plan.

I'm not really too bothered about not receiving the product prior to the weekend .. but I think the way Microsoft Store has effectively misled people, and not provided clear and transparent information is very, very bad indeed.

I really hope they tighten things up in the future!

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My email from the Store actually says "Pre-order now for delivery by 26/10". You can't spin that any other way, it should have been delivered this Friday.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Technically then, Surface's release is actually the 29th in the UK.

Whoever's job it was to get these out on time needs to be fired.

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
To possibly bring some hope to folks. Mine is arriving tomorrow. I have not received shipping details yet (used the Order # hack to find out info), and I still haven't been charged yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs