Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
No news here: I'm at home today and no comms/updates from MS - the full amount was debited from my account yesterday though.

Damn, im using a creditcard and i cant see statement until like 2 days after so i even havent got any confirmation that ill get mine...

Keep us posted if you see anything, but im pretty sure we in europe might have to wait...

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Fair enough

Oh well - as long as they are at least shipped out today I'm cool with that.

Although the customer experience with the UK Microsoft Store is very poor. They have some work to do in that space.

mdr1966

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone from the helpline about my Surface order. I was told that MS had expected 50,000 pre-orders in the UK. He then said that they'd had 600,000 orders and that they were struggling to keep up with demand - but that the pre-orders would be despatched by 30 Oct. He also said that a delivery could be made on any day (except Sunday) before then - or not!
Plausible? Suppose so. Frustrating YES!

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have nothing yet: no Surface, no delivery note, no bank charge and no shipping info. I just spoke to MS customer service aswell, and they also said there was unexpected demand. They told me the carrier will be working throughout the weekend to get them sent out (although I presume no Sunday deliveries). However when I pressed her as to whether it had actually been dispatched she said I would receive tracking details as soon as it left the warehouse, which I queried and she confirmed that if I hadn't received a tracking number, it must still be in the warehouse.

She also gave me a case number and apologised, so if they are considering any kind of apology gesture it may help if you have a case logged with MS as having chased up the delayed delivery.

She also told me I was great for being so understanding... hmm.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
They told me something very similar. Claimed 600k orders (that can't just be the UK). Said it should be shipped today but couldn't guarantee even though I ordered on the 16th.

Ordered 32GB with a blue cover so there was a ?500 hold on my card which went away yesterday. There's now a new ?100 hold on my card.

Bet the touch cover shows up on its own on Monday and the surface not till the 2nd :-(

Really badly done from MS.

I have nothing yet: no Surface, no delivery note, no bank charge and no shipping info. I just spoke to MS customer service aswell, and they also said there was unexpected demand. They told me the carrier will be working throughout the weekend to get them sent out (although I presume no Sunday deliveries). However when I pressed her as to whether it had actually been dispatched she said I would receive tracking details as soon as it left the warehouse, which I queried and she confirmed that if I hadn't received a tracking number, it must still be in the warehouse.

She also gave me a case number and apologised, so if they are considering any kind of apology gesture it may help if you have a case logged with MS as having chased up the delayed delivery.

She also told me I was great for being so understanding... hmm.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 32GB with a blue cover so there was a ?500 hold on my card which went away yesterday. There's now a new ?100 hold on my card.

Exactly the same here. Also, on my order status the Touch Cover shows as 'Boxed Shipment' whereas the Surface still shows as 'Pre-oder Boxed Shipment'.

I'm checking my online banking every few minutes to see if the remaining ?400 disappears, having the Touch Cover arrive with no Surface will be torture!

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Dear Customer,

Thanks again for pre-ordering your Surface online!

As stated at the time of order, we expect customers in the U.K. to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30. We apologize for any confusion caused by subsequent emails stating an earlier or later arrival date. To make up for any inconvenience, we would like to offer you a single use coupon for up to ?50 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store*.

To use your coupon, please visit Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Welcome, shop for the items you want, and, at check out, type the code ***** in the Promo Code box. The value of your coupon will be applied at checkout, before you complete your purchase.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please visit us online at Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Welcome or give us a call at 0800 026 0329.

Thank you,
Microsoft online store

Well at least that's ?50 off my touch cover i'm going to order.

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Just had this from MS
Nice compensation :)

Dear Customer,

Thanks again for pre-ordering your Surface online!

As stated at the time of order, we expect customers in the U.K. to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30. We apologize for any confusion caused by subsequent emails stating an earlier or later arrival date. To make up for any inconvenience, we would like to offer you a single use coupon for up to ?50 off your next purchase from Microsoft online store*.

rasmithuk

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got the ?50 credit email as well.

I ordered mine on 2012-10-16 at 16:48 and have a surface sized hole missing in my available balance on my credit card.

Bigsro

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Now thats customer service

Wow - great surprise from MS!

Have had the ?50 off coupon. At first I though it was an app store voucher but this is nice enough...

Lets have a look at what I can buy with it!

Good comeback MS. Kudos

fjiggy

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I didnt buy a touch cover before, bought only the 32GB model but now that I've got a coupon I'll go use it to get the touch cover :p

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
As others have stated I got that ?50 voucher too, so I'm not totally mad at Microsoft.

Although I'm still calling b**l s**t on their 26th to 30th thing, because I don't know a single person in the UK who's got their Surface yet.

And I'm not buying the 600,000 thing either, because firstly that's 1% of the UK population, and that's more than Apple can achieve, so nonsense, and also that wouldn't have been 600,000 orders in one day, it would have been the few weeks before release, so they've had plenty of warning.

fjiggy

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Wow - great surprise from MS!

Have had the ?50 off coupon. At first I though it was an app store voucher but this is nice enough...

Lets have a look at what I can buy with it!

Good comeback MS. Kudos
I didnt buy a touch cover before, bought only the 32GB model but now that I've got a coupon I'll go use it to get the touch cover

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99