Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, this is win win for Microsoft, there orders of touch and type covers will skyrocket in the UK after this! Who reckons we'll have another fiasco when ordering our covers as so many people will be ordering them with this coupon =D

Now, do I go touch or type???

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, here is a story.....

Ordered a surface on the 17th without cover...........cancelled it on the 22nd as I decided to wait and save a bit more to get the touch cover one.

Today I received a email from Microsoft apologising for incorrect info given re. Delivery on the 26th and a ?50 voucher........

I have now ordered the surface 32gb with black touch cover for a ?50 discount!

RESULT!!!!!!!

I don't mind waiting 3 weeks for delivery now!

zubsani

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, here is a story.....

Ordered a surface on the 17th without cover...........cancelled it on the 22nd as I decided to wait and save a bit more to get the touch cover one.

Today I received a email from Microsoft apologising for incorrect info given re. Delivery on the 26th and a ?50 voucher........

I have now ordered the surface 32gb with black touch cover for a ?50 discount!

RESULT!!!!!!!

I don't mind waiting 3 weeks for delivery now!

How do you cancel the order from microsoft store ?, is it by calling them ?,
thanks

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
How do you cancel the order from microsoft store ?, is it by calling them ?,
thanks

I had to ring customer service and they done it over the phone. Painless, all you have to give them is your order number and payment details and reason for cancellation.

I should not have got the ?50 voucher as I cancelled my order, but I'm a happy bunny now!

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
It'll take more than ?50 to buy my patience.

Only joking.

Does mean my pondering a 2nd (blue) cover to go on the 64 is tipping towards buy now ... or do i get a type cover instead??

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've just received a "shipment update" email apologising for the confusion and offering a ?50 off voucher code for my next store purchase - unfortunately, this shipment update email doesn't actually update me in the least bit about my shipment :D

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Voucher for me too. I suspect this means we're getting them on Tuesday now but as others have said, well done MS.

Not sure what to buy now.... type cover, another charger or perhaps something non-surface related...

It'll take more than ?50 to buy my patience.

Only joking.

Does mean my pondering a 2nd (blue) cover to go on the 64 is tipping towards buy now ... or do i get a type cover instead??

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Kudos on the voucher but read the small print you can't redeem it for a Wundows 8 download so not so sure what I can actually spend it on other then maybe the other cover. Maybe ?50 off a Pro.

Still no update in shipping in fact for such a large number of orders people should have started receiving them so I call bull on the 600k figure as that would head line news.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Was just about to post a thought about the small print. Says it doesn't expire for a year. Pity we don't know for sure that there's a surface phone on the way!

Kudos on the voucher but read the small print you can't redeem it for a Wundows 8 download so not so sure what I can actually spend it on other then maybe the other cover. Maybe ?50 off a Pro.

Still no update in shipping in fact for such a large number of orders people should have started receiving them so I call bull on the 600k figure as that would head line news.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Just had a conversation with the Microsoft Store in the UK. They currently don't know when they will deliver the Surfaces as it looks like a big logistics problem they have. UPS the carrier is also working Saturday and Sunday to sort out some of the deliveries. I also got the voucher as well

Infinidim :mad:

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
What is the issue? You pack the boxes and UPS delivers them? Okay it is not hat simple but MS is a huge company and it is a very poor show that can't mange logistics in what is a fairly small country.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site

The UK number they give goes through to a European wide call centre so the 600,000 could be for the whole of Europe; if it is then it's believable otherwise for the UK I'd need more convincing.

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Got a voucher too, no idea what I'm going to spend it on though. Maybe a fancy wireless mouse or keyboard or something? More than happy to wait a couple of days for that :)

Also I assume the 600,000 is European wide rather than UK only. Maybe even EMEA?

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Got a voucher too, no idea what I'm going to spend it on though. Maybe a fancy wireless mouse or keyboard or something? More than happy to wait a couple of days for that :)

Also I assume the 600,000 is European wide rather than UK only. Maybe even EMEA?

My MS wedge keyboard arrived today - great quality, all metal so fairly weighty, but a nice combo to a surface. Not sure if they have them in the store at the mo though.

lemonlemonuk

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Heya
I preordered my Surface on 21/10/2012 but I've heard nothing from Microsoft since the original order confirmation email! No delivery date email, no voucher email, nothing!
Is it worth giving them a ring to see if I can get a voucher or just news on when it's gonna arrive?

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Heya
I preordered my Surface on 21/10/2012 but I've heard nothing from Microsoft since the original order confirmation email! No delivery date email, no voucher email, nothing!
Is it worth giving them a ring to see if I can get a voucher or just news on when it's gonna arrive?

Did it not say in the original email when they hoped to deliver? Mine stated the 26/10 but if you ordered later it will probably have given you a 3 week wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss