Surface Shipping Details (UK)

NorthGuy798

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Called Microsoft Store today.

Orders will not ship in the UK until 30 Oct, but more like Nov 2nd or later. Same is true for Canada.

Nothing has shipped as of today for the two named locations.

I think Microsoft should have just upgraded everyone to a 64 gig Surface with Touch Cover. Since nothing has shipped, it would have been an easy switch. For those who had ordered such already, Microsoft should have give a $100 coupon. Why you ask? Because Microsoft pretty much misled us into believing that by pre-ordering you'd receive your tablet on the 26.... However, they knew this would not be the case.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Called Microsoft Store today.

Orders will not ship in the UK until 30 Oct, but more like Nov 2nd or later. Same is true for Canada.

Nothing has shipped as of today for the two named locations.

I think Microsoft should have just upgraded everyone to a 64 gig Surface with Touch Cover. Since nothing has shipped, it would have been an easy switch. For those who had ordered such already, Microsoft should have give a $100 coupon. Why you ask? Because Microsoft pretty much misled us into believing that by pre-ordering you'd receive your tablet on the 26.... However, they knew this would not be the case.

The staff at giving out dates all over the place, best to wait for the email confirmation rather than calling them every 2 hours as the information changes so much.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Mines now showing as:

Surface with Windows RT
Price: ?399.00
Quantity: 1
Pre-Order Boxed Shipment
Language: 32 GB without Black Touch Cover
Pre-Order 02/11/2012

Surface Touch Cover (Cyan)
Price: ?99.99
Quantity: 1
Boxed Shipment
Language: Cyan
Pre-Order 26/10/2012

Not impressed :mad: Preordered within minutes (well, as soon as the store was working again) of it going live :mad:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I just received an invitation to fill out an online satisfaction survey about a call I put in about the shipping fiasco from Microsoft.

This should be good.:straight:

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Still no shipping updates (so it wasn't despatched on the 26th), and they took my money on Thursday - at this rate, their erroneous email where they moved the delivery date to the 2 Nov will be correct and they'll be sending a new email out saying their email stating the 2 Nov email was an error, was also an error ;)

Xenon8

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So after the Surface failed to turn up on Friday and no e-mails confirming despatch I was :mad: and called the Microsoft Store customer services. My call was answered by an extremely hot lady, I just couldn't be :mad: at her sexy voice :blush: Any way, she assured me the delivery will be by the 30th so now I'm :D and can't wait for the Surface.:cool:

Last edited:

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I got the customer satisfaction survey too, not the best timing ;) with regard to the "Preorder 02/11", mine's been showing that since the apparent mistaken email was snt out. I queried it on on monday and they said it would take a few days to correct, but hasn't changed. I'm wondering if that might be true after all now.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
she assured me the delivery will be by the 30th

Yeah, just like they assured us thousands of times that delivery would definitely be on the 26th.

I bet my ?50 voucher that delivery for all of us in the UK will be on Friday the 2nd of November, like the 'mistake' email and the online store now says.

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd hope for delivey by the 30th.

Opinions on delivery date by the call centre staff are at the whim of them (and their line manager).

Sending an email to all those who pre-ordered, and more to the point authorising a ?50 payment (multiply that by the number of pre-orders and that's a lot of cash) required some pretty chunky authorisation; you'd hope they'd have confidence in the date stated in the email now ...

Off to Chicago on Wednesday so would be nice to get it by Tuesday ... main problem would be holding off buying another one whilst i'm there.

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard anymore news? I'm starting to doubt i'll receive this before the end of next week!

Haven't heard anything yet. I'm anticipating Tuesday, but hoping for the remote possibility of Monday. Canada seems to have been in the same boat as us with regards to what's been going on, and they're starting to get shipping details now. When I ordered, and I presume this holds for others, it was Expidited 1-2 day shipping, so if it has gone out over the weekend and the shipping details haven't yet been entered into MS system, it could potentially arrive Monday, and def by tuesday. If it goes out on Monday, it should arrive Tuesday.

The ?50 offer email did state the apology was for the confusion regarding shipping dates and that it should have said 26th or 30th, and didn't indicate that delivery was going to slip beyond that, so I'd be surprised if they would compound the issue by wording it that way if they didn't anticipate that most devices would actually arrive by the 30th. The extremely generous compensation offer would have had to have been authorised by someone fairly senior, and international as it convered Canada as well, so they would surely have had several people proof the accompanying email...

With regard to the originally anticipated delivery date, I do remember it stating that it could arrive as late as the 30th (which is only ONE business day delay) but I'm sure it also indicated it would be despatched FOR DELIVERY ON release day and could arrive a day early.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The email detailing the ?50 compensation said "we expect customers in the U.K. to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30". Two key points here, firstly expect is present tense so when they sent this email (26th Oct.) they still expect the date to go no further than the 30th and secondly they expect customers to RECEIVE their devices by the dates specified (i.e. latest Tuesday), which means that if they don't SHIP by Monday latest they will have failed again. We shall see!!!

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Just rang up again to see if I could get someone a bit more coherent than yesterday (and to see if I could cancel this late on), ended up getting told that she had no idea if I was going to get it by Tuesday (appreciated the honesty), I couldn't cancel (fair enough) and that she would give me another ?50 coupon. Which was nice.

Problem I have is I'm going away late Tuesday evening so if it doesn't come by then it'll have to be sent back, get a refund, and then order the RT again when I get back 2 weeks later or wait for the Pro/Taichi (tempted). Circumstances have changed a bit since i ordered the RT (my laptops gone) so I've been umming and ahhing over the RT anyway but have been so desperately looking forward to it Ive been trying to lie to myself to make me think I could afford both :D

paolo lance

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I called MS just now to check when I can receive my product and the assistant was very honest to tell me that she was not sure about the date. It's really ridiculous.

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just rang up again to see if I could get someone a bit more coherent than yesterday (and to see if I could cancel this late on), ended up getting told that she had no idea if I was going to get it by Tuesday (appreciated the honesty), I couldn't cancel (fair enough) and that she would give me another ?50 coupon. Which was nice.

Problem I have is I'm going away late Tuesday evening so if it doesn't come by then it'll have to be sent back, get a refund, and then order the RT again when I get back 2 weeks later or wait for the Pro/Taichi (tempted). Circumstances have changed a bit since i ordered the RT (my laptops gone) so I've been umming and ahhing over the RT anyway but have been so desperately looking forward to it Ive been trying to lie to myself to make me think I could afford both :D
I'm surprised at you being told you can't cancel? Don't the Distance Selling Regs apply, which gives you the right to cancel an order from the moment it is placed, until up to 7 days after you've received it?

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I could only imagine they mean you can't cancel as its too late to stop delivery. You can still send it back once it's arrived. I cancelled my order easily but that was 4 or 5 days ago so it hadn't shipped by then. I suspect the current pre-orders are actually on their way to couriers now just the customer is not updated as its the weekend.

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised at you being told you can't cancel? Don't the Distance Selling Regs apply, which gives you the right to cancel an order from the moment it is placed, until up to 7 days after you've received it?

They said because the order is already in the process of being shipped, I have to wait until I receive it and then return it for a refund or alternatively refuse to sign for the order, and again wait for a refund. I'll do the former, just because I don't trust delivery firms a great deal.

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Worryingly, some people (mostly on mainland Europe from what I can tell) have had their pre-orders cancelled by Microsoft without explanation. Has anyone from the UK had their order cancelled? I am becoming concerned, there is no sign of a charge on my card (although to be fair I don't think I can see pending charges on my bank website) and I have heard absolutely nothing from Microsoft. Order status still says "in process".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven