Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I think the cancelled orders are probably related to issues with payment (from the examples I've read about so far anyway) - where there are insufficient funds in the account, or the bank needs some additional verification checks.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I think the cancelled orders are probably related to issues with payment (from the examples I've read about so far anyway) - where there are insufficient funds in the account, or the bank needs some additional verification checks.

I can't check on my credit card, but has everyone else had their funds taken now then?

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope funds are still in my acc, they put a hold on them when I first pre ordered but that soon disappeared after a few days.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've not been charged yet either, there's a hold on my card for the Touch Cover I ordered at the same time, but not for the Surface. I've high hopes that it'll arrive by Tuesday though as Microsoft Store's most recent email stated.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
After seeing the Surface ad on ITV2 encouraging people to order, I'm going to be pretty annoyed if there are no shipping notifications tomorrow.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing plenty of us will be jamming the phone lines on Tuesday morning if (when) there are no shipping notifications tomorrow.

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Typing this on my Surface which I received just this morning. I'm in London and it was delivered by UPS, I had no word to say it was coming, no e-mail to say it had been dispatched.

I was however a recipient of all the crazy e-mails Microsoft sent in error. Hope you all receive yours today as well.

WasStoNed

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Dude was there any correlation between you order number and you UPS shipping reference?

Typing this on my Surface which I received just this morning. I'm in London and it was delivered by UPS, I had no word to say it was coming, no e-mail to say it had been dispatched.

I was however a recipient of all the crazy e-mails Microsoft sent in error. Hope you all receive yours today as well.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site

That is interesting news, you may be the first person in the UK! Would you be able to confirm if your card is showing a charge and also exactly what you ordered?

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That is interesting news, you may be the first person in the UK! Would you be able to confirm if your card is showing a charge and also exactly what you ordered?

I ordered a 32gb unit with the bundled black touch cover, both were in the same box, in the same package.

I'll check my accounts for how the transactions took place...

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

You shouldn't post things like this, it gets me even more excited and I know i'll be let down by MS. I'm getting it delivered to my work in London too, what a pleasant surprise it would be if it turned up, no delivery note, no change on my paypal, so i'm not hopeful though.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
In the UK, order was cancelled. Please read on...

I actually created an account to reply to this...

My order was cancelled on Saturday. Their official explanation was that the name on the card does not match the name on the billing address, but:
1. I placed the order correctly, it's their system that messed up the names (the one in the shipping address was supposed to be different). Also, 3 customer reps reassured me last week that this would not cause a problem.
2. I used the exact same details when I ordered Windows 8, and that worked just fine
3. My bank authorised the payment!!!

The funds (?479) are still on hold in my account, but this goes deeper. I called my bank and they said that not only did they authorise the payment for the preorder but that THERE WAS A SECOND TRANSACTION FROM MICROSOFT! For the same amount, on Saturday, which my bank did not authorise, and rightly so.

So, the way I see it, I did nothing wrong (I placed the order correctly and the Win 8 order went through just fine), my bank did nothing wrong (I would expect them to reject duplicate transactions), but Microsoft tried to bill me twice and screwed up big time!

I talked to 5 customer reps to far, the penultimate one requested a proof from the bank that they authorised the payment, after which the case will be escalated. The last rep I talked to promised this issue will be solved, but couldn't promise how.

Anyway, sorry for the rant... I was really looking forward to the Surface, but there's no way I will get one sooner than 3 weeks and, in this case, I'm not quite sure I still want one...

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Phoned MS again this morning. They still have no idea if it's shipped/tracking details, when it would ship by, when to expect delivery by.

Sounds like they're in a real mess.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
oh poopy i live in london, ordered ?479 bundle, my money is on hold, and no delivery yet! Waiting for this surface makes me feel like a child whose parents refuse to give me a toy i spotted at toys-r-us... i might end up throwing a toddler tantrum on customer service line on wednesday if this gadget does not arrive by tomorrow :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99