Surface Shipping Details (UK)

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Had similar problems when I pre-ordered

Hi, I had similar problems, when I pre-ordered mine, though in a bit different situation. On the 18th I clicked the submit order button at the bottom of the review page, and received an error message saying something went wrong, and I should contact customer support. However the money was reserved on my bank account. Strange, so I went to my account and clicked Order History, and found nothing there. So I first called my bank, and asked what this transaction is, they said it's from the Microsoft Store, and I can't cancel it, only they can. So I called Microsoft and I told the rep that I had my account billed, but there's no order appearing in my account. She told me not to worry, they will cancel that one, and she told me it was because the cardholder name was not matching the one on the card entered. I am pretty sure though, that I entered my name correctly. When I asked how come then, that they successfully billed me, she couldn't explain, but she offered, that we should go through the order process together again. So we did, and she told me afterwards, that everything is all right now... Haven't received mine yet, just all those mails that everyone else. In result the money was reserved two times on my account, then both was cancelled, and then on Saturday I was billed once again... and until I read your post I thought this to be a sign for hope...

Best Regards,
Bal?zs

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Spoke to a nice chap in customer services this morning, he confirmed that my payment had gone through (although it hasn't shown up on my credit card statement yet) but he had no idea of when the device would arrive, I half expected him to say "eventually" with a neat Spanish accent. I refrained from performing my Basil Fawlty impression though!!!!!

Oseph

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So the moneys actually left your account and then came back in? Weird they'd give you your surface before taking the money for real.

The money left my account after the initial preorder and then was restored.

My cleared funds this morning are ?900 less than they were last night, so presumably they've charged me twice sometime in the night, but my bank isn't yet showing any details of the transaction.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine just arrived as well just picked it up from the office mailroom not even unpacked it yet. Work is going to be a long day today.

Edit should say I am in Lonondon.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine just arrived as well just picked it up from the office mailroom not even unpacked it yet. Work is going to be a long day today.

Edit should say I am in Lonondon.

I just had my work postroom check every box and parcel that's come in this morning...there's an unclaimed Nexus7 there, but no Surface, though UPS hasn't delivered yet.

It was KILLER looking at the Surface wrap-around cover on the Metro this morning too...

#impatientlywaitinginLondon

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else worried that we are all going to be completely underwhelmed when the damn thing actually arrives?!

It's like going to see a movie after everyone has raved about it and you've waited AGES to see it - it's totally set up for disappointment.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else worried that we are all going to be completely underwhelmed when the damn thing actually arrives?!

No, I'm worried that I might die of old age first though. All the cool stuff people are discovering, I want in!! I'm a developer too and I want to be producing stuff ASAP! I really want to be the first to port Transmission (a bit torrent client) for downloading stuff, into the Microsoft Store.

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yup. It'll be very pretty and shiny and then I'll no doubt find very little use for it :)

It's like going to see a movie after everyone has raved about it and you've waited AGES to see it - it's totally set up for disappointment.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Good point and can anybody match order number to shipping ref on the UPS Site

It seems to be completely unrelated from sources here and other sites I've spoken to.

UPS are being arses as well, they won't tell you if you have a delivery coming to your address today, which is completely stupid because it would allow people to know if they should go home or stay at work. They won't even tell you if you have a van in your area and what time they'll be nearby, which other companies can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo