Surface Shipping Details (UK)

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Right, after refusing to call customer services untill Wednesday i caved in and called today, im basically getting the same response as everyone else.

The woman said UPS was even working during the weekend to get deliveries out. I have my suspicions on this as i havnt heard from anyone in the UK who received a surface during the weekend. Also the woman said ill receive email about shipment and i then mentioned that some people already received their surface but didnt even get a shipment email and she didnt directly respond to my comment about that. She seemed really clueless owh well.

JayJayTG

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on the 16th - Still waiting here in Essex!

EDIT: I have also had the price of my purchase be pre-authorised twice - nearly a 1K not accessible in my account right now! Better get Surface soon.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same here

I ordered 2x32G Surface+Black Touchcover on 20th (had to wait for payday!), so I accepted the possibility of not getting my Surface until at some point this week.

But an hour ago I got an order cancellation email from MS store UK - the horror! After speaking to my bank (Barclays) I now know that they had authorised the payment which has been pending since the moment I ordered.

Turns out MS tried to charge the card today and it was treated as separate charge, for which I didn't have enough funds available. Called MSS and they're saying I have to place a new order now! The way I see it, this is MSS fault for doing a separate charge as opposed to completing the one that was pending.

I didn't have time to stay on the line to MSS customer support at the moment, so will have to call them later. Anyone else had this kind of problem? Maybe stopping being nice on the phone and demanding to speak to someone more credible will get my order back on track?

They tried to charge my account twice as well. My original transaction is still authorised, so I'm calling them now and providing proof of the authorisation.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine within minutes of the site going live on the 16th, and no sign of it yet. I think Microsoft made a big mistake making Surface only available direct, it seems in most countries outside of the US the Microsoft Store simply isn't up to the task of handling such a high profile product.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on the 16th, still waiting in Essex too.

Just noticed the money has actually come out of my acc too, the right amount might I add.

Airlienet

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my 64Gb surface on 16/10/12 @ 20:30 Paypal shows 'Pending' for the full amount - got the ?50 voucher & spent on another Windows 8 disk. now waiting delivery (Colchester)

Ganondolf

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Just am update. I have just called MSstore and the guy told me that my order is still "In Process" (as my account says) which he told me means it has not left the warehouse. He was not giving much away at first but as we had a friendly chat he started to open up. He told me that some people have received their Surface but their accounts still say "In Process" and they did not receive a shipping email (As we now from people posting here). He then went on to say that they dont know from their systems whos is gone and whos has not. he said I may receive it today (at the start he said it has not left the warehouse yet). Most interestingly he admitted that they had more pre-orders than expected (and more pre-orders than stock) and that some people's Surface are getting shipped from the factory (China?) instead of their UK warehouse.

manzanotti

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My unit has been declared borked, so they're going to send me a new one. Told I should get it within 3-5 working days, so hopefully I should get it this week.

JayJayTG

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol, I will get a touch cover but only when it comes out in red over here.
Ahh you have a specific taste - nice one :)

I am hoping the cyan Lumia 920 will come to the UK to match my touch cover - maybe it will be a Phones4u exclusive or something, maybe I will find out today ;)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ahh you have a specific taste - nice one :)

I am hoping the cyan Lumia 920 will come to the UK to match my touch cover - maybe it will be a Phones4u exclusive or something, maybe I will find out today ;)

Same idea as me, I'm hoping Orange get the red Lumia 920 then I will match them up, if that fails I'll try to match with cyan, if that fails I'll buy an IPhone (joke, I'm not that stupid :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss