Surface Shipping Details (UK)

JayJayTG

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same idea as me, I'm hoping Orange get the red Lumia 920 then I will match them up, if that fails I'll try to match with cyan, if that fails I'll buy an IPhone (joke, I'm not that stupid :p)
Good plan or if that fails you could go black or maybe white! Woah woah woah woah woah lets not say things we cant take back :p

Jubei700

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
GOT MINE (sorry people who haven't)

It was delivered at 0859 this morning (Exeter), but obviously I wasn't in. Went home on my lunch break because I was too excited not too, found a UPS slip. The depot is 30 seconds from my house, so I thought I'd go there on my way back to work, assuming there was no chance I could collect it just 3 and a half hours after they tried to deliver it. Which the man at the desk immediately confirmed. But then he rang the driver, who happened to be parked up behind their delivery centre (a seperate warehouse) so he sent me off in my car and the van driver was waiting for me and I picked it up form there! So happy! Now it's under a pad on my desk and I'm trying not to be too obvious that I'm playing wth it rather than working :D

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone had their orders wrongfully cancelled?

As mentioned in a previous post, my order was cancelled after Microsoft tried to take my money twice, which my bank rightfully refused as a duplicate transaction.

I talked to support, told them that the initial payment is still authorised and it's their fault for not handing it properly. They admitted that there is a problem with their system and that several clients have complained about this. All these cases will be escalated and, they expect, satisfactorily resolved.

In my opinion, we should at least get a ?100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting ?150 off (?50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that ?100 for their mistake...

Anyone else agree with me on this one?

udayrulz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in a previous post, my order was cancelled after Microsoft tried to take my money twice, which my bank rightfully refused as a duplicate transaction.

I talked to support, told them that the initial payment is still authorised and it's their fault for not handing it properly. They admitted that there is a problem with their system and that several clients have complained about this. All these cases will be escalated and, they expect, satisfactorily resolved.

In my opinion, we should at least get a ?100 voucher. Seeing as their erroneous cancellation made us wait for at least another 3 weeks, I would be more satisfyied with getting ?150 off (?50/week seems acceptable). In any case, we'd be mistaken for idiots if we accepted anything less that ?100 for their mistake...

Anyone else agree with me on this one?
No way you ll get 150

churchwa

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting in London, although not holding out much hope. they have only properly charged my card for the touch cover and not the actual device.

Oh well, another day won't kill me..... (Or will it?)

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
That'll be three of us waiting in Chelmsford then..... ;)
Just had a UPS delivery at my house, don't know if it's the Surface but not expecting any other UPS delivery so fingers crossed. Unfortunately I'm 25 miles away and won't be home until about 10pm..... could be a long night :)

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No way I'll settle for less that ?100 either

Well, this ?50 coupon they offered so far is pretty useless for me, I don't really want anything else from the store... maybe a different coloured touch cover. What would really be nice it to have this amount off of my order...

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, this ?50 coupon they offered so far is pretty useless for me, I don't really want anything else from the store... maybe a different coloured touch cover. What would really be nice it to have this amount off of my order...

MS support told me that, most likely, I will be getting a new voucher. In that case, I might consider to place a new order for the surface, but, seriously, I'm not accepting anything less than ?100.

Come on, people! They gave out ?50 vouchers just for sending a wrong email. They care about their reputation. If they cancel orders because the customer's bank doesn't authorise a duplicate transaction (which is correct behaviour!), I can see this having a horrible effect on their reputation, especially after the entire "by the 26th, oh, no, wait, by the 2nd, oh, no, by the 30th" fiasco...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs