Surface Shipping Details (UK)

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
A LOT. I'm estimating roughly 90% to 95% of all pre-orders haven't been delivered yet.
It's frustrating, I pre-ordered within minutes of the pre-order page going live but mine hasn't arrived today, seems like they're not going out in any kind of order. Fingers-crossed for tomorrow though I guess.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I also hope part of their solution is to make sure anyone who was affected first time has their new payment handled manually, so if it goes wrong again they can fix it this time.

I don't think they can handle it manually. I'm not sure how they plan to actually fix this.

But I do suggest that anyone who's had problems should call and argue their case. The more disatisfied customers we are, the more likely that they'll do something to restore their reputation.

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh, and for those who've asked elsewhere; I can't see any relationship between the package numbers (2 packages in my case) and my order number. So no help there in seeing if you can track your own packages without any shipping info - sorry :(

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's frustrating, I pre-ordered within minutes of the pre-order page going live but mine hasn't arrived today, seems like they're not going out in any kind of order. Fingers-crossed for tomorrow though I guess.

I'm actually nearby you in Chichester, so we should get ours at the same time. I think our nearest dispatch centre is Croydon where the UPS vans come from, which is ludicrous.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
There's going to be a complete s**t storm if Microsoft and UPS don't deliver at least all the pre-orders tomorrow. I've already got ?100 (2 x ?50) worth of vouchers from them, so all I need is an excuse to harass them some more and my Christmas is paid for.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
There's going to be a complete s**t storm if Microsoft and UPS don't deliver at least all the pre-orders tomorrow. I've already got ?100 (2 x ?50) worth of vouchers from them, so all I need is an excuse to harass them some more and my Christmas is paid for.

Why did you get a second one? Anyway, I think you can only use one voucher at a time, unfortunately, so that's why I'm hoping for a deep discount on a Surface order. I'd even be willing to wait for 3 weeks if it comes with a ?100+ discount...

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Why did you get a second one? Anyway, I think you can only use one voucher at a time, unfortunately, so that's why I'm hoping for a deep discount on a Surface order. I'd even be willing to wait for 3 weeks if it comes with a ?100+ discount...

I've only bought one Surface. The ?100 worth of vouchers is me complaining about 1 Surface. You can use them together. My aim is a free Xbox 360 with Kinect.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've only bought one Surface. The ?100 worth of vouchers is me complaining about 1 Surface. You can use them together. My aim is a free Xbox 360 with Kinect.

2 vouchers for complaining about a single Surface... Wow, that's efficient. That just proves it's worth bugging Microsoft to fix this until you're happy with the outcome.

chris_17

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My surface still hasn't arrived but I'm still holding on hope! My UPS driver gets here around 5/6.

If it isn't delivered tomorrow I'd happily accept a lifetime subscription to Office!! :p

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ah well, we waited the best we could wait, lets try to wait even harder for tomorrow and maybe the wait fairy will reward us.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ah well, we waited the best we could wait, lets try to wait even harder for tomorrow and maybe the wait fairy will reward us.

I'd rather have the pain that comes with the tooth fairy than the Microsoft delivery fairy. I'm starting to genuinely believe this wont come tomorrow.

chicaguapa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 20/10 (when delivery was stated 1-2 weeks) and there's been no progress as yet. No ?50 voucher, no confusing emails. The card hasn't been charged and the order still says pre release 2/11. Also in Eastleigh so watching with a hopeful eye that mine comes at the same time as the other one that's being delivered there!

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered 20/10 (when delivery was stated 1-2 weeks) and there's been no progress as yet. No ?50 voucher, no confusing emails. The card hasn't been charged and the order still says pre release 2/11. Also in Eastleigh so watching with a hopeful eye that mine comes at the same time as the other one that's being delivered there!

Eastleigh here too, I'm also waiting and hope it comes tomorrow.

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have just received a email cancelling my order? They have already reserved the cash on my credit card as I can see it removed from my available balance?

Well then, clearly they don't want me to buy it.............and they send the email after the customer service line closes..........

I think I won't bother re-ordering now. I can live without it.

paolo lance

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have just received a email cancelling my order? They have already reserved the cash on my credit card as I can see it removed from my available balance?

Well then, clearly they don't want me to buy it.............and they send the email after the customer service line closes..........

I think I won't bother re-ordering now. I can live without it.
We got the same situation, poor guys

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Think I may give the new google nexus phone and 10" tablet a go. I'm a apple person iphone and iPad but a bit bored with them. Thought I'd try windows phone and tablet but not impressed with what has happened. I wouldn't mind a delay but to cancel my ruddy order and the funds have been reserved and authorised on my card is annoying!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss