Surface Shipping Details (UK)

rwsteven1979

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just had a call.............

I have just received a phone call from DHL at East Midlands Airport (their local hub).

They called to let me know that they are delivering my Surface this afternoon around 6pm and wanted to check there would be someone at the delivery address (my work) to receive the package or whether I would like to re-arrange for delivery tomorrow. I told him I would wait at the office until it arrives!

The guy said they are doing all the Surface deliveries in the East Midlands and wouldn't be arriving in Nottingham, where I work, until late afternoon.

Last edited:

rhocalcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have just received a phone call from DHL at East Midlands Airport (their local hub).

They called to let me know that they are delivering my Surface this afternoon around 6pm and wanted to check there would be someone at the delivery address (my work) to receive the package or whether I would like to re-arrange for delivery tomorrow. I told him I would wait at the office until it arrives!

The guy said they are doing all the Surface deliveries in the East Midlands and wouldn't be arriving in Nottingham, were I work, until late afternoon.

Blimey!

This throws a spanner in the works! Congrats!

Ganondolf

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

The guy said they are doing all the Surface deliveries in the East Midlands and wouldn't be arriving in Nottingham, were I work, until late afternoon.
I wonder if your area is getting the surfaces that were sent direct from the factories in china or if UPS/Fedex dont deliver in your area?

Savagekitten

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has just this minute arrived - a little later than the "before 1200" delivery time shown on the UPS site, but it's finally here - woohooo (also ordered the HDMI adaptor and that arrived at the same time in jiffy bag).

jeromem75

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

when did you order it ?
Goodl luck for tonight!

lmckinley

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Its looking like another day without a surface. Assuming they dont turn up, how is everyone going to deal with MS support? This will be the second broken promise on delivery dates.

SirTom

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine has just this minute arrived - a little later than the "before 1200" delivery time shown on the UPS site, but it's finally here - woohooo (also ordered the HDMI adaptor and that arrived at the same time in jiffy bag).
Pls could you tell how big is the package? thanks

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Its looking like another day without a surface. Assuming they dont turn up, how is everyone going to deal with MS support? This will be the second broken promise on delivery dates.

Looking for answers from MS support is like banging your head against a wall, they seem to know less about what's going on than we do, most support staff don't even seem aware of the shipping date confusion and the email that was sent out regarding that.

It's frustrating, but personally I feel all I can do now is wait, and learn from this experience not to order from them again. Fingers-crossed that future Surface hardware makes it to other retailers in the UK.

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

The guy said they are doing all the Surface deliveries in the East Midlands and wouldn't be arriving in Nottingham, where I work, until late afternoon.

Hopefully this is the case, the in Leicester, so hoping delivery is made today here.

chicaguapa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I need this info, could anybody provide an answer?

I think people are too busy ripping their Surface from the packaging to come back on the forum with measurements.

I saw a UPS truck in Eastleigh today and phoned home with instructions NOT to leave the house all day! Still nothing though.

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Where did you receive it and how did you manage to track it?

Jim Chapman

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just heard that my Surface got delivered (London SW8) - it was ordered on the 17th Oct.

Of course, the WISMO site doesn't show indication that it's been delivered. But my wife assures me that she actually has it with her now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre