Surface Shipping Details (UK)

karnka

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft arseholes. I'm not pissed off with the people who've ordered late and already received but it's very poor of Microsoft to fail to prioritise those of us who ordered on the 16th.

Twats :/

Steve_Dhalai

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DHL just delivered my 64gb surface at 7:15pm. i ordered on the 26th. delivery driver said theres something strange about them, his supervisor told him theyve got to be delivered today or theres gunna be a problem for them. the delivery driver is supposed to be doing a late collection from the Sports Direct office/warehouse but theyve sent him out with a few of the packages to deliver around the village.

I ordered on 27th, still nothing yet... Need to go tescos but not sure weather to or not.

chicaguapa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine has arrived! yay! I ordered on 20th!

He said they have to deliver them all by the end of today as someone dropped the ball. He had a couple more to deliver in Eastleigh so I hope one of them is yours, other Eastleigh person.

He's in a car, not a DHL van.

Off to play. The kids can put themselves to bed tonight! loL!

St0rment

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried every combination I could see and none appeared to be a tracking number.

there's a waybill number that tracks on the dhl website but it doesn't seem to link up to anything related to my order. I can see that mine arrived at heathrow at midday, then went to Gatwick and left there at about 4. It reached me (near Stansted) at 7:15 so I guess more time the further north you go.

Scotarcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DHL just delivered my 64gb surface at 7:15pm. i ordered on the 26th. delivery driver said theres something strange about them, his supervisor told him theyve got to be delivered today or theres gunna be a problem for them. the delivery driver is supposed to be doing a late collection from the Sports Direct office/warehouse but theyve sent him out with a few of the packages to deliver around the village.
What did your original order say for delivery? 2nd Nov or 26th/30th Oct?
Enjoy!!! :)

Zarnywoop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Just thought I'd register to say.

I ordered mine on 17th Oct. Got all the usual emails and stuff. Got an email early this morning 2am to say order dispatched. Minimal tracking data given, UPS, Fedex, DHL sites were all giving no record of my order. The email UPS link finally said that a label had been created on 29th, and issued on UPS express. No sign of parcel, until just now when the DHL guy delivered it (8.15pm - Manchester). So now I have my 32GB Surface with no cover. The delivery guy said he had been waiting 2hours for it to get in so he could deliver it. I said he hadn't been waiting as long as I had!

Last edited:

Scotarcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Just thought I'd register to say.

I ordered mine on 17th Oct. Got all the usual emails and stuff. Got an email early this morning 2am to say order dispatched. Minimal tracking data given, UPS, Fedex, DHL sites were all giving no record of my order. The email UPS link finally said that a label had been created on 29th, and issued on UPS express. No sign of parcel, until just now when the DHL guy delivered it (8.15pm - Manchester). So now I have my 32GB Surface with no cover. The delivery guy said he had been waiting 2hours for it to get in so he could deliver it. I said he hadn't been waiting as long as I had!
Congrats. Enjoy!

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
anyone else beginning to slightly loathe themselves for how obsessed they are becoming about the delivery of this thing?

or is it just me!

keymaster21

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All UK and Germany pre orders are being delivered today by DHL SAME DAY and is being coordinated bi the Irish dhl sameday because microsoft european hq is in dublin.
Seems ups could not handle volumes and time constraints and refused to deliver.

more info on above:

approx 24 hours ago dhl sameday ireland got a call from microsoft ireland to enquire could approx 2500 shipments be collected from a location in birmingham (ups I think) at 3.00 in the morning and be delivered all over the uk today. (and half that amount from a fedex depot in holland for delivery in germany)
the irish lads said of course they can (big money in this i presume as well as putting one over on the competition!)
A dhl truck collected and brought them to a local hub and sorted them. VERY FEW GOT TRACKING NUMBERS.
a fleet of couriers and their sons, daughters, uncles, and a lot of dhl office staff, managers and sales people - anybody with a car or van,were called in and deliveries started. It was too late to put them through the normal network.
2500 deliveries all to come from one place in central uk to all corners of the country in 24 hours is a massive undertaking and most of these people are still out there delivering.
this is why when you call dhl most staff know nothing about it because this undertaking bypassed the normal channels and red tape.

please remember this when the unshaven guy smelling of cigs knocks on your door this evening with your Surface.

the same as above happened in germany.

No I dont work for dhl but a relative does.

ndschris

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
If they just said it's not gonna turn up til (example) Friday I'd be fine. It's knowing that it could turn up at any moment that's driving me insane.

Surfacejunkie

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
anyone else beginning to slightly loathe themselves for how obsessed they are becoming about the delivery of this thing?

or is it just me!

I know what you mean! I think tonight is now not going to happen. Thanks to everyone who's keeping us up to date with deliveries. Has anyone in Scotland had theirs yet?

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If they just said it's not gonna turn up til (example) Friday I'd be fine. It's knowing that it could turn up at any moment that's driving me insane.

I said before but I'm near you too, and still nothing either. It looks like we're both towards the end of the line on the south coast, could be very late tonight or tomorrow some time.

Can't imagine them leaving it later than tomorrow, especially after so much effort getting them out tonight.

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the DHL info.

So what happens with deliveries to workplaces that are shut tonight and we have no tracking number etc to chase up? Will they retry in the morning?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)