Surface Shipping Details (UK)

lmckinley

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well this is my first go with the new windows and its not exactly easy to use/navigate. Absolutely love it though.

I have had it 5 minutes and have already forgotten the delivery cock up, how fickle I am!

anon(5350117)

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived this morning at 9:50am from UPS - the delivery note clearly showing it was dispatched on the 30th only, by 'UPS Saver' delivery - hardly speedy! Ordered on the 16th.

As everyone else has said, though - now it's here, I don't care that it took 10 years to arrive. I'd like another voucher, though - maybe ?50 of free Apps from the Store? :D

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Jay,

Where abouts in Essex are you?

If you are the Colchester end, he might be on route to me. If you're the estuary end, then probably not.

I'm in Colchester and nothing to report yet. I do hope it's not coming via UPS though, their nearest depot is in Chelmsford. Fingers crossed for DHL, depot is just over the road :)

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Update. Mine arrived (Colchester, North Essex), nobody at home. No email confirmations. Delivered via UPS so god knows when I'll get hold of now. Bugger.

Will call them in a bit and see what's happening.

frdane

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
North West London

Hi, I've never posted on a forum before, but this one has been so helpful that I decided to contribute.

My Surface arrived today by DHL. Delivery was attempted yesterday at 1545, but no-one was home. I'd seen the DHL van leaving the end of the road as I came in, but ignored it because I understood the delivery would be by UPS.

Anyway
it's a 64Gb with black touch cover.
Ordered 18/10 at 1601hrs

I also ordered a VGA adaptor, which hasn't arrived.

Neither have been charged, my bank account shows no pending transactions.

The DHL label is over the top of a UPS one. I had the shipping delayed email and the ?50 apology but have received no shipping email and my MS account still says Order In Process.

Good luck everybody who's still waiting.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Surface arrived yesterday via DHL at about half 5 in the evening (very nearly missed it) of course there's no sign of the touch cover but at least some progress isn't being made!

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS. Asked multiple times to speak to someone who's responsible for this, or a supervisor, they just repeatedly flat out refused. Kept telling me to ring fedex, despite the fact I have a shipping label from UPS. So I rang Fedex anyway, nothing as expected, rang UPS who said a label was created two days ago but they've heard nothing and that Microsoft needs to get in contact with them urgently, hardly inspiring stuff is it?

I'm so fed up now, this customer service is beyond terrible. I'm going to try ring them again after lunch and get through to management, will probably fail though.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Ordered - 17th 32gb with Cover
Location - Ipswich

Just got off the phone to CS again as it's still not turned up and the missus is going out soon. Plus they also told me they'd call me back.

Lady had a look and said my delivery is now scheduled to be with me "by Nov 1st". I said it wasn't good enough.

She said cases where people had order on 16/17th and not had delivery had been escalated to MS. But because of that they had no visibility of that escalation.

I asked for a complaints form which she said she'll send me.

CS, for me, have been polite and as helpful as they can be, although the last lady I spoke to sounded well p!ssed off. It's the situation I want to complain about.

GarethTM

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd weigh in with some details:

Ordered: 20th
SKU: 32GB w/Touch cover
Destination: Isle of Wight

Communication: None since order confirmed, no voucher
Payment: Not taken

:|

Mine just arrived. My online banking doesn't even show that the money has gone out, but I guess that could just be taking a couple of days to show. Oh well, off to play!

maguro

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
DHL have mine. Should have arrived today if it wasn't for a mistake in the delivery address. A helpful person at CS sorted the matter out with DHL and everything is in order for delivery tomorrow. The end is in sight!

Worth mentioning that there has been no acknowledgement of the product being shipped. No tracking number either.

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ordered - 17th 32gb with Cover
Location - Ipswich

Just got off the phone to CS again as it's still not turned up and the missus is going out soon. Plus they also told me they'd call me back.

Lady had a look and said my delivery is now scheduled to be with me "by Nov 1st". I said it wasn't good enough.

She said cases where people had order on 16/17th and not had delivery had been escalated to MS. But because of that they had no visibility of that escalation.

I asked for a complaints form which she said she'll send me.

CS, for me, have been polite and as helpful as they can be, although the last lady I spoke to sounded well p!ssed off. It's the situation I want to complain about.
That would include me - Ordered on the 17th and other than a confirmation and a ?50 token - that is all I have been given and the call center were not much help either.

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Next Week!!!!

Just had a depressing call from the MS Store :(

Not delivered, has been placed on expedited delivery but will not be this week - may be next week but would not guarantee it :( - Coming from the Factory.

So probably will not make my Birthday on Monday :( still I am first to go out.

He asked me if I had any other words (big mistake) - so I said yes, hows about dreadful, unsatisfactory, hopeless.

Last edited:

ewumeh

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine!! 32GB with Touch Cover, Pre-Ordered 17th Oct. Delivered by UPS Saver

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine!! 32GB with Touch Cover, Pre-Ordered 17th Oct. Delivered by UPS Saver

Money taken out my account, but like everyone else, my status still says "In process" .. no updates or tracking number email..

I'm in London.

where around london may i ask? happen to be anywhere near Stratford area?

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
People if you havn't received your surface yet then definitely give customer service a call and check if your order number is on a certain list. If its on the list then you will NOT be receiving the surface today or tomorrow... apparently im not on the list and so i should be getting my surface either today or tomorrow, i hope this is true!

ewumeh

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
where around london may i ask? happen to be anywhere near Stratford area?
W12, shepherds bush area. I suggest you call CS and ask if your order# is on the list to be delivered today/tomorrow. I think this list is all the information they have. Try not 2 be rude, the poor people, its not their fault but they are getting a lot of stick.

allymonty1

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
People if you havn't received your surface yet then definitely give customer service a call and check if your order number is on a certain list. If its on the list then you will NOT be receiving the surface today or tomorrow... apparently im not on the list and so i should be getting my surface either today or tomorrow, i hope this is true!

Sorry to be lazy but do you have the number to hand?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05