Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Surfacejunkie

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well my mind is at rest at last. They attempted delivery this morning but obviously I wasn't in to receive it. I'll give UPS some credit; you can have it redelivered to any other address for free! Having it delivered to my work so I'll either have it tomorrow or Friday as it's a different postal area. At least I feel more relaxed about it now. A little knowledge goes a long way!

Still sent in a formal complant today. Can't wait to see their response.

Steve_Dhalai

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So... I just phoned CS again. (On a side note, what is with the weird russian woman stating your call may be recorded... sounds like the crazy lady from Goldeneye)

Got put through to a woman who sounded really upset. She was practically begging me to be patient "It's only been a few days" she said (I ordered on 27th, 64gb). She kept saying, it could be this saturday, it could be next saturday. After repeatedly saying that's not good enough and explaining how I needed to rough time frame so I could be in to receive the parcel, she offered to put me on to someone higher.

Cue a 20 min wait (No, I'm not exaggerating).

Someone answered the phone (he was pretty blunt and rude) asking for my details again. He then said something along the lines of "Right, the reason why the order status hasn't updated is because the order numbers..." Dead. I was cut off. Didn't have the patience to try again but it sounds like I might be in the batch of people who ordered and received with no change to order number or status... I'm going to hope to receive my surface by this wekeend.

Just posting this as there are several people who have said they asked to be put onto someone higher but nothing... persist, as there clearly is another level that you can speak to.

RMarr

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
They attempted delivery, but sadly I wasn't in. Going to get it from their depot tomorrow. I'm in Central Scotland, so others near here should be receiving theirs soon, I hope. I ordered on the 20th, 32GB with Touch Cover, when shipping was estimated at 1-2 weeks.

I included the tracking log from DHL, just so you can see the kind of time-frame they're working in.

No email from Microsoft, and no status update of my order on the website. I was only able to track it due to DHL leaving the number on their note in the letterbox.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Location Time Pieces
13 Delivery attempted; recipient not home EDINBURGH - UK 10:54
1 Pieces

12 With delivery courier EDINBURGH - UK 09:08
1 Pieces

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:53
1 Pieces

10 Departed Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:33
1 Pieces

9 Transferred through EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:32
1 Pieces

8 Arrived at Sort Facility EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 05:08
1 Pieces

7 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:58
1 Pieces

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Location Time Pieces
6 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:42
1 Pieces

5 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:13
1 Pieces

4 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 17:22
1 Pieces

3 Shipment on hold LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:12
1 Pieces

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:02
1 Pieces

1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 13:27

RMarr

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
They attempted delivery, but sadly I wasn't in. Going to get it from their depot tomorrow. I'm in Central Scotland, so others near here should be receiving theirs soon, I hope. I ordered on the 20th, 32GB with Touch Cover, when shipping was estimated at 1-2 weeks.

I included the tracking log from DHL, just so you can see the kind of time-frame they're working in.

No email from Microsoft, and no status update of my order on the website. I was only able to track it due to DHL leaving the number on their note in the letterbox.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 Location Time Pieces
13 Delivery attempted; recipient not home EDINBURGH - UK 10:54
1 Pieces

12 With delivery courier EDINBURGH - UK 09:08
1 Pieces

11 Arrived at Delivery Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:53
1 Pieces

10 Departed Facility in EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:33
1 Pieces

9 Transferred through EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 06:32
1 Pieces

8 Arrived at Sort Facility EDINBURGH - UK EDINBURGH - UK 05:08
1 Pieces

7 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:58
1 Pieces

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 Location Time Pieces
6 Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 22:42
1 Pieces

5 Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 20:13
1 Pieces

4 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 17:22
1 Pieces

3 Shipment on hold LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:12
1 Pieces

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:02
1 Pieces

1 Shipment information received LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 13:27

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Kudos to Steven Sinofsky

Sent him an email detailing the problems getting information out of the Store Support - reply in less than an hour. Now hopefully I can get something firm instead of maybe,might and dunno.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Allright, just for the fun I ordered a second one today (in addition to the one that I pre-ordered on the 18th), let's see which one arrives first! By the way I called CS and they told me there's no such thing as a 'black list', and I will receive mine 'today or tomorrow for sure'...

Mate, this mythical "black list" does exists as the girl I spoke to checked if my order number was on it. Thankfully it wasn't and I came home to find our next door took my delivery in.

Others haven't been so lucky, as you can read on here.

I think the "black list" seems to be for orders placed on the 16th and 17th and some are on there and some are not. Not quite sure why some are so royaly messed up they can't be delivered though.

squiggs1982

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally got mine. DHL attempted delivery this morning and no-one home to take receipt.

Picked up from the depot tonight and the guy said it had been a shambles. They apparently had people doing overtime to try and sort, although they didn't receive all the ones the expected yesterday.

Card still hasn't been charged, nor is there a hold and my order status still says " in process". Never received a shipping notification. What's the betting its another fortnight before they get themselves organised enough to charge me!! :D

Last edited:

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
those who email Steven Sinofsky, did you get an email back last night from the Frontier Team at MS Store. I got one saying a case had been opened up and that they were working to get deliveries out as soon as possible. They also said that currently they expect me to receive mine on 02.11.12.

zubsani

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i got the reply. she was from US. and telling me, the order wasn't fulfilled yet, where i already got one of my order.:straight:

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i got the reply. she was from US. and telling me, the order wasn't fulfilled yet, where i already got one of my order.:straight:

Got the reply, but in my case according to their records mine has not been fulfilled and I have not yet got anything, and no date when I will do.

pmcdee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
got mine yesterday!

Hey guys been following this for a few days now!

Ordered mine on the 21st with the touch cover and got it via Dhl yesterday morning. Nearly collapsed when he walked into my office! So excited even as I'm typing this on the beautiful surface display.

I'm in Derry/Londonderry if that gives any help to the Ni guys

Hope you guys get it soon!

Oh yea, no tracking no shipping email or other info on my Microsoft order page, still shows as in process and pre order 02/11/2012

Last edited:

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with MSstore in germany (where i ordered mine and which has had the exact same dates in email and such as the uk).

They told me that there was huge deliveryproblems and that more units (mine included) wasnt expected in (wcs) up to tree weeks!!!!?! although i had confirmation of shipping on the 26th of october. I got the 50euro rebate but not more.

This sucks! i sure hope that guy was wrong!

He was! Mine showed up today about 1-2hrs ago with Swedish "posten"... no friggin ups, dhl or jetpack here!

Also, no funds has been withdrawn that i can see sofar from my CC

Last edited:

jeromem75

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys been following this for a few days now!

Ordered mine on the 21st with the touch cover and got it via Dhl yesterday morning. Nearly collapsed when he walked into my office! So excited even as I'm typing this on the beautiful surface display.

I'm in Derry/Londonderry if that gives any help to the Ni guys

Hope you guys get it soon!

Oh yea, no tracking no shipping email or other info on my Microsoft order page, still shows as in process and pre order 02/11/2012

I'm in Belfast ordered a 32gb on the 23rd and a 64gb on the 27th . a package arrived, opened with joy and it was.... Boots that my gf ordered.... lol
still waiting hopefully should get something today according to MS customer service ...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Belfast ordered a 32gb on the 23rd and a 64gb on the 27th . a package arrived, opened with joy and it was.... Boots that my gf ordered.... lol
still waiting hopefully should get something today according to MS customer service ...

Ouch!

I'm a priest in training, let me know if you need pastoral care after this traumatic incident! :D

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got of the phone with CS, no response to by payment problem complaint but I was told that all orders cancelled due to payment issues should have their replacement orders delivered in less than the 3 weeks specified. Although CS has not been told how much less. :mad:

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just got of the phone with CS, no response to by payment problem complaint but I was told that all orders cancelled due to payment issues should have their replacement orders delivered in less than the 3 weeks specified. Although CS has not been told how much less. :mad:

The replacement order? Does that mean they they handle it and place a new order for you, or did you place a second order yourself after your first one got cancelled?

I had the same problem with the order being cancelled because my bank declined the second auth request. I've been calling CS every day, they have no idea, my issue was escalated, I also filed a complaint yesterday. I asked for an estmate on how long it would take to get a reply, they just said that there are lots of similar cases so they don't really know...

Any talks about compensation/vouchers or other incentives to place another order?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99