Surface Shipping Details (UK)

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
The replacement order? Does that mean they they handle it and place a new order for you, or did you place a second order yourself after your first one got cancelled?

I had the same problem with the order being cancelled because my bank declined the second auth request. I've been calling CS every day, they have no idea, my issue was escalated, I also filed a complaint yesterday. I asked for an estmate on how long it would take to get a reply, they just said that there are lots of similar cases so they don't really know...

Any talks about compensation/vouchers or other incentives to place another order?

I placed a second order myself, don't think they would do it automatically. I've requested a call today, considering I was supposed to have one yesterday, but I don't hold out much hope.

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I placed a second order myself, don't think they would do it automatically. I've requested a call today, considering I was supposed to have one yesterday, but I don't hold out much hope.

Great... I placed a new order immediately after my first one was cancelled, used my ?50 voucher too. But then I asked for that order to be prioritised somehow, CS told me it's impossible and I would have to wait 3 weeks, I got annoyed and cancelled it. Lost my voucher code as well, you can't reuse it and they can't give it back.

paulmd

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the Cyan Touch Cover on 26 October using my ?50 discount, it's just arrived and I got full and proper UPS tracking with it.

anon(5327487)

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just thought you guys might like to know that as of right now the UK MS store says that the 32GB Surface RT (Tablet only) is "Out of Stock" whereas both the 32GB and 64GB with Touch Cover no longer say "Shipping within 3 weeks"...

Presumably this means they are back in stock and your orders should hopefully be fulfilled... I know I'm hoping this is the case as I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself the 32GB model with Touch Cover last night!

Last edited:

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Presumably this means they are back in stock and your orders should hopefully be fulfilled... I know I'm hoping this is the case as I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself the 32GB model with Touch Cover last night!

I bought a few extra (14) for my business last night, and it said 3 weeks. I'm very impressed with the one I already received, just needs more apps, however I dislike the default browser (the way it handles tabs, I much prefer Chrome) although it looks like we're stuck with Internet Explorer forever.

I wonder how long these 3 weeks will really be.

mattrees

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine just before lunch via UPS. The guy said he had been told he had to deliver before 12. I'm in Oxford.

The wait is over! Typing this on my new Touch Cover which is a bit weird but I love it already.

Worth the wait guys - hang in there!

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Called support again just now. They have absolutely no clue what is going on. Not their fault, but they just don't. Was told yesterday that it would not be today but was trying to find out if it might be tomorrow. All I can do is wait. Ordered 17th. I don't think I'm going to see it for weeks.

dhpunk

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS, apparently they didn't give UPS the correct address as it was missing the business name off the address! Magically they then gave me a tracking number and now my surface is sitting at a nearby UPS depot waiting for me to pick it up after work!

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got a phone call from CS, basically just telling me what they told me this morning, should be less than 3 weeks. They did try to offer free shipping, until I said it was already free. They are escalating my complaint further so I should get more information eventually.

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well that was fast:

Reading, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 9:12 Delivered
01/11/2012 5:42 Out for Delivery
01/11/2012 3:00 Arrival Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 0:44 Departure Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 31/10/2012 20:18 Origin Scan
United Kingdom 30/10/2012 13:15 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Unfortunately as I have no way of knowing if a parcel has been delivered before 2:30pm I didn't know when I called them. Still its strange that they didn't even know they had sent it.

Haven't even switched it on yet.

(64GB version originally ordered 23rd but cancelled and re-ordered on 29th.)

Last edited:

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Who can I escalate this to?

I just had my daily call with customer support, asked for an update on my issue (escalated on Saturday) and complaint (filed yesterday). They said they don't know anything and don't have a timeframe for when it will be resolved.

Does anyone know if there is any authority I can complain to? Something like customer protection, or whatever. Basically, I have two points:
1. It's not fair that Microsoft put a hold on my money for over 3 weeks, I cant use it and I haven't received anything in return either.
2. I thinks it's completely wrong for them to try to get 2 separate authorisations from the bank. If they do, they can very well take your money twice and I don't like relying on common sense that they won't.

One last question: what did you guys pay with? Debit/Credit/PayPal? The lady I spoke to said that those whose orders were cancelled used debit cards, which are no longer accepted, and that PayPal isn't accepted anymore either.

smcshaw

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Well that was fast:

Reading, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 9:12 Delivered
01/11/2012 5:42 Out for Delivery
01/11/2012 3:00 Arrival Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 0:44 Departure Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 31/10/2012 20:18 Origin Scan
United Kingdom 30/10/2012 13:15 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Unfortunately as I have no way of knowing if a parcel has been delivered before 2:30pm I didn't know when I called them. Still its strange that they didn't even know they had sent it.

Haven't even switched it on yet.

Blimey that was good.

I was quite hopeful I'd get mine today. I ordered a 32GB with a cyan cover on Sat 27th and my order status changed to settled yesterday about 7pm. I'm less optimistic now.

Scotarcam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just had my daily call with customer support, asked for an update on my issue (escalated on Saturday) and complaint (filed yesterday). They said they don't know anything and don't have a timeframe for when it will be resolved.

Does anyone know if there is any authority I can complain to? Something like customer protection, or whatever. Basically, I have two points:
1. It's not fair that Microsoft put a hold on my money for over 3 weeks, I cant use it and I haven't received anything in return either.
2. I thinks it's completely wrong for them to try to get 2 separate authorisations from the bank. If they do, they can very well take your money twice and I don't like relying on common sense that they won't.

One last question: what did you guys pay with? Debit/Credit/PayPal? The lady I spoke to said that those whose orders were cancelled used debit cards, which are no longer accepted, and that PayPal isn't accepted anymore either.
Not sure about your point re escalation but I paid with my credit card. money still on hold though and I got my delivery yesterday!!

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Steps back in Amazement

I have actually received a tracking number!!! :) :) :)

Well for the surface at least

Status Event Planned Date Actual Date/Time
Reported Expected Event Pick Request Oct 31, 2012/10:59 PM/CET
Reported Expected Event Shipped Nov 1, 2012 Nov 1, 2012/5:19 PM/CET
Unreported Expected Event with Expected Date/Time Information/Proof of Delivery Nov 2, 2012

Last edited:

smcshaw

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have actually received a tracking number!!! :) :) :)

Well for the surface at least

Status Event Planned Date Actual Date/Time
Reported Expected Event Pick Request Oct 31, 2012/10:59 PM/CET
Reported Expected Event Shipped Nov 1, 2012 Nov 1, 2012/5:19 PM/CET
Unreported Expected Event with Expected Date/Time Information/Proof of Delivery Nov 2, 2012

When did you order and when did you get the email?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)