Surface Shipping Details (UK)

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info.

Anyone paid with a debit card and received the Surface anyway?

I paid with a debit card, not received anything yet, and order was never cancelled, but after emailing Steven sinofsky, my case was escalated, and I received an email saying they expect to deliver mine tomorrow

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I paid with a debit card, not received anything yet, and order was never cancelled, but after emailing Steven sinofsky, my case was escalated, and I received an email saying they expect to deliver mine tomorrow

Where did you get his email address from?

Last edited:

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
he posted it on twitter for those having issues, it's steven.sinofsky@microsoft.com, you'll end up getting what is probably an auto reply within an hour or so, which say's "Let's look into this", but is also CC'd to someone else. I got a response within 24 hours of emailing him. Just need to mention what your order number is. A few others on here have done the same and have had different responses about their order

anon(5327487)

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Well that was fast:

Reading, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 9:12 Delivered
01/11/2012 5:42 Out for Delivery
01/11/2012 3:00 Arrival Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 01/11/2012 0:44 Departure Scan
Tamworth, United Kingdom 31/10/2012 20:18 Origin Scan
United Kingdom 30/10/2012 13:15 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Unfortunately as I have no way of knowing if a parcel has been delivered before 2:30pm I didn't know when I called them. Still its strange that they didn't even know they had sent it.

Haven't even switched it on yet.

(64GB version originally ordered 23rd but cancelled and re-ordered on 29th.)

That's awesome... I can't help feel that Microsoft are further shafting other customers though who still haven't received their Surface despite ordering long before you placed yours. I mean, not that you should be concerned - I ordered mine yesterday and I would love to receive it within 3 days!

JazH

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No surface.

Ordered on the 16th, Phoned up Cs yesterday and they promised delivery yesterday or today.

Absolutely horrific. Will phone them up again now.

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
CS told me the same 'yesterday or today for sure', but no Surface yet. Ordered it on the 18th, 32gb with the touch cover. I placed an order yesterday for a 64gb one, and I'm hoping, that they have more on stock of that model, than the 32gb one, thus the shipping will be faster... Even faster, than my pre-order.

chazGB

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 17th the 32GB + cover and it finally arrived today midday from UPS (I'm in London)

Weirdly from the tracking they seem to have wanted to deliver it yesterday but 'mislaid' it in their warehouse.

Just wanted to thank the forum for being one of the few reliable sources of information over this crazy period.

Hope the ones outstanding get theirs soon!

mndl632

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
interesting, just got a call from someone call russ at Microsoft, the same person who emailed me yesterday telling me my surface will be with me on the 2nd, he told me that it was dispatched yesterday and that I would definitely receive it tomorrow, and if I didn't I should email him back to investigate

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Strange, ordered a surface 32gb no cover (ordered the blue one separatly) 2 days ago. and the order stated shipped within 3 weeks.....

Just got shipping email now! Nice surprise..........must have some in stock, only 2 days!

And tracking says planned delivery tomorrow but it is a 3 day delivery?

I think I will just wait and see................

Shame the touch cover won't be delivered at the same time but I didn't fancy the black one, wanted a bit of colour!

Last edited:

JazH

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Kudos to microsoft... they finally gave me my tracking number.

Only to realise it had already been delivered on the 26th! It turned out the caretaker at my apartments forgot to note it down on his list of received parcels!

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
No surface.

Ordered on the 16th, Phoned up Cs yesterday and they promised delivery yesterday or today.

Absolutely horrific. Will phone them up again now.

Same, but can't be bothered calling anymore.

I've got 3 coupons for ?50 each now - pity they can't all be used in one go :D

HPoirot

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
its steven.sinofsky at microsoft dot com

he posted it on twitter for those having issues, it's steven.sinofsky@microsoft.com, you'll end up getting what is probably an auto reply within an hour or so, which say's "Let's look into this", but is also CC'd to someone else. I got a response within 24 hours of emailing him. Just need to mention what your order number is. A few others on here have done the same and have had different responses about their order

Thanks!

Emailed as well, automated reply in a couple of hours ("Let's get to the bottom of this"), an actual answer soon after. They're looking into it, but I have no hopes of an actual resolution too soon...

MrX365

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
After emailing Steven Sinofsky, I had an email back within the hour of my tracking number.

Apparently they tried to deliver yesterday but "required a floor number".

I live in a normal house, theres only the one floor you can deliver to i.e. the front door!

smcshaw

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
seems to have gone quiet on here, is that because everyone except me now has a surface and you are all playing with them :-D

Nope I'm here too.

Really hoping for delivery today but haven't had a shipping email yet.

I keep reading such conflicting stories. Some people ordered 2 days ago, received a tracking email and have them where-as others preordered and are still waiting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077