10-28-2012 08:25 PM
162 ... 567
tools
    Wow, that's not even an accurate statement of what many of the reviews said. THat is some lazy reporting. I swear that some in the tech industry want MS to fail. THey haven't gotten over their "hating MS is cool" nonsense from a decade ago.
    That's multiple reviewers saying that the cameras are awful, the apps crash, the OS is laggy when you open a lot of apps and the app selection is pitiful. Aren't those facts? Yeah let's call Josh Topolsky a liar when he said the kickstand scratched his wooden table. Yeah maybe a hard metal kickstand wasn't the best idea ever.
    10-26-2012 03:02 PM
    That's multiple reviewers saying that the cameras are awful, the apps crash, the OS is laggy when you open a lot of apps and the app selection is pitiful. Aren't those facts? Yeah let's call Josh Topolsky a liar when he said the kickstand scratched his wooden table. Yeah maybe a hard metal kickstand wasn't the best idea ever.
    sigh. you again :dry
    10-26-2012 03:04 PM
    Wow, that's not even an accurate statement of what many of the reviews said. THat is some lazy reporting. I swear that some in the tech industry want MS to fail. THey haven't gotten over their "hating MS is cool" nonsense from a decade ago.
    That's The Guardian for you.
    Narr likes this.
    10-26-2012 03:36 PM
    Just found this. Wow. Absurd. 5 pages of it to boot.

Three days in the life of a once and former Microsoft Surface RT user | ZDNet
    What a dumb, misleading article. The entire predicament that this guy has is based off the lies and misconceptions given by sales reps/support people. In reality, sales reps don't lie, and while idiotic reps do get hired every so often, they're not allowed to lie to their customers. I've played dumb at the MS stores and asked questions about their products, and the reps know enough to tell me what works and what doesn't.

What really sets me off is how at the end he decides to get an iPad instead. If he wanted a tablet just for casual web browsing or light gaming from the app store, he would've loved the surface. He could've waited for the pro if he wanted an all-in-one device.

Again, the whole article is based off of misconceptions of consumers which in reality, don't happen. Sales reps don't, and aren't allowed to, or to customers. And IMO, most people KNOW that the surface is designed to compete with the iPad, and isn't designed to be a laptop (at least the RT version).
    10-26-2012 08:39 PM
    Remember when the first iPad was released? It had NO cameras, NO apps and was pretty damn heavy after holding it for a while. And you know what? It was very well received. Even the iPad 2 had pretty few apps and the cameras were absolute crap (by far worse than the Surface's), but it was ranted and raved about. Don't you just hate the Apple bias?

Besides, those 3 things aren't exactly deal breakers, a couple of negative things don't make a product "bad". But then again, will more people click on a link that says "thumbs down", or "pretty good with a few quirks".
    10-26-2012 08:42 PM
    haha, although the article says the salesperson said that. I think that would be drilled into each employees heads, to make sure you say windows RT uses only apps from the windows store. I mean you don't go into the apple store thinking the Ipad can install random applications off the internet do you?
    10-26-2012 10:38 PM
    It was pretty annoying to read the negative pieces about the RT over the news today, saying how MS won't make an impact. The FUD was incredible, especially when they all started parroting Tim Cook's crap statement.

I flipped by some newscast this evening and they showed a store in the US with a fairly long line and the person said the launch didn't draw big numbers compared to other launches - at the same time on the screen you can see the long lineup. I just had to shake my head.
    10-27-2012 01:00 AM
    Well-written initial review from the Chicago Sun-Times, this guy gets it....

REVIEW: Microsoft Surface RT a great yin to iPad's yang
    10-27-2012 10:26 AM
    Did anyone catch the "review" by the instapaper developer? I hate to give the guy more clicks, but here is the link: Marco.org

First off, the guy obviously has a massive bias here. But, it really underlines how much of an issue MS is going to have, not only with certain consumers (nothing to be done about that), but in the app department. There are some app devs out there who absolutely hate anything MS. Personally, I could care less about instapaper, but I do wonder what apps I would love that I'll never get because of personal bias by the dev.

F*ck em, it's their loss ;)
    10-27-2012 11:08 AM
    Hey Everyone !
    Juz wish to share a very well-balanced review by this contributor from Forbes...
    Microsoft Surface: First Impressions and Shattered Misconceptions - Forbes
    He is thus far the most objective & unbiased Surface reviewer I've read so far.
    10-27-2012 11:24 AM
    Another initial impressions article that seems to be fair:

Microsoft Surface: First Impressions and Shattered Misconceptions - Forbes
    10-27-2012 11:27 AM
    Remember when the first iPad was released? It had NO cameras, NO apps and was pretty damn heavy after holding it for a while. And you know what? It was very well received. Even the iPad 2 had pretty few apps and the cameras were absolute crap (by far worse than the Surface's), but it was ranted and raved about. Don't you just hate the Apple bias?
    Remember when the first computer came out? It was heavy and costed 10s of thousand of dollars and you couldn't bring it home. Remember when the first phone came out? I can play this game all day long. Fact is, people compare only things at this point of time and doing so is not showing bias.
    10-28-2012 08:25 PM
162 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD