Surface Reviews Thread

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
atom seems faster but so far the pricing in the uk/germany /france for the asus viva tab seems a lot more expensive than the surface and not available.
650? without keyboard is way too much.

Its a PRO device, not RT. Now, compare it to a Surface Pro Price and tell me its "way too much".

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just found this. Wow. Absurd. 5 pages of it to boot.

Three days in the life of a once and former Microsoft Surface RT user | ZDNet

Thanks

-Doc
WOW is right. I love the part where he would take it back and just buy an IPad which also doesn't do what he wants for exact same price but it has Angry birds hmmm doesn't the surface also have angry birds?

It seems like a lot of people are scared that the Surface will do well. I see this as a good thing for all tablets if surface does well. We will see better competition and a less stagnate market for Tablets.

CoopII

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Need to stop posting links to rubbish, there are plenty of well written reviews (well 2, anandtech's and arstechnica's), no need to help these guys with their click count.

Mordor2112

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it... No Outlook? No Silverlight? No SkyDrive (really??)... Why is that so, are they saving the good (and essential) stuff for the full-blown WIN 8 Surface ?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's not even an accurate statement of what many of the reviews said. THat is some lazy reporting. I swear that some in the tech industry want MS to fail. THey haven't gotten over their "hating MS is cool" nonsense from a decade ago.

That's multiple reviewers saying that the cameras are awful, the apps crash, the OS is laggy when you open a lot of apps and the app selection is pitiful. Aren't those facts? Yeah let's call Josh Topolsky a liar when he said the kickstand scratched his wooden table. Yeah maybe a hard metal kickstand wasn't the best idea ever.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
That's multiple reviewers saying that the cameras are awful, the apps crash, the OS is laggy when you open a lot of apps and the app selection is pitiful. Aren't those facts? Yeah let's call Josh Topolsky a liar when he said the kickstand scratched his wooden table. Yeah maybe a hard metal kickstand wasn't the best idea ever.

sigh. you again :dry

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that's not even an accurate statement of what many of the reviews said. THat is some lazy reporting. I swear that some in the tech industry want MS to fail. THey haven't gotten over their "hating MS is cool" nonsense from a decade ago.
That's The Guardian for you.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

What a dumb, misleading article. The entire predicament that this guy has is based off the lies and misconceptions given by sales reps/support people. In reality, sales reps don't lie, and while idiotic reps do get hired every so often, they're not allowed to lie to their customers. I've played dumb at the MS stores and asked questions about their products, and the reps know enough to tell me what works and what doesn't.

What really sets me off is how at the end he decides to get an iPad instead. If he wanted a tablet just for casual web browsing or light gaming from the app store, he would've loved the surface. He could've waited for the pro if he wanted an all-in-one device.

Again, the whole article is based off of misconceptions of consumers which in reality, don't happen. Sales reps don't, and aren't allowed to, or to customers. And IMO, most people KNOW that the surface is designed to compete with the iPad, and isn't designed to be a laptop (at least the RT version).

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site

Remember when the first iPad was released? It had NO cameras, NO apps and was pretty damn heavy after holding it for a while. And you know what? It was very well received. Even the iPad 2 had pretty few apps and the cameras were absolute crap (by far worse than the Surface's), but it was ranted and raved about. Don't you just hate the Apple bias?

Besides, those 3 things aren't exactly deal breakers, a couple of negative things don't make a product "bad". But then again, will more people click on a link that says "thumbs down", or "pretty good with a few quirks".

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
haha, although the article says the salesperson said that. I think that would be drilled into each employees heads, to make sure you say windows RT uses only apps from the windows store. I mean you don't go into the apple store thinking the Ipad can install random applications off the internet do you?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It was pretty annoying to read the negative pieces about the RT over the news today, saying how MS won't make an impact. The FUD was incredible, especially when they all started parroting Tim Cook's crap statement.

I flipped by some newscast this evening and they showed a store in the US with a fairly long line and the person said the launch didn't draw big numbers compared to other launches - at the same time on the screen you can see the long lineup. I just had to shake my head.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone catch the "review" by the instapaper developer? I hate to give the guy more clicks, but here is the link: Marco.org

First off, the guy obviously has a massive bias here. But, it really underlines how much of an issue MS is going to have, not only with certain consumers (nothing to be done about that), but in the app department. There are some app devs out there who absolutely hate anything MS. Personally, I could care less about instapaper, but I do wonder what apps I would love that I'll never get because of personal bias by the dev.

F*ck em, it's their loss ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12