Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

11-02-2012 01:48 AM
149 ... 456
tools
    Mine has made it to Louisville. UPS still says it will be delivered today, but I'm certain it can't. UPS only has 1 flight to YYC a day, which was this morning. Wednesday it is...
    Last edited by acsurf; 10-30-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: grammar
    10-30-2012 12:38 PM
    De-f'n-livered.

Ya mon.
    10-30-2012 12:56 PM
    OK - so now I am baffled. I turned up at work today to find my surface on my desk .. a nice surprise, but why does my tracking say it's on it's way back to Memphis?
    10-30-2012 01:12 PM
    OK - so now I am baffled. I turned up at work today to find my surface on my desk .. a nice surprise, but why does my tracking say it's on it's way back to Memphis?
    Where are you located?
    10-30-2012 01:21 PM
    Where are you located?
    California
    10-30-2012 01:29 PM
    Don't *****. Just enjoy...

So I guess you won't be heading to the Apple store anytime soon.:)

Life is too short.
    10-30-2012 03:01 PM
    For those of you who have it, can you confirm the keyboard layout? Is it US English or did MS send only bilingual keyboards to Canada?
    10-30-2012 03:06 PM
    For those of you who have it, can you confirm the keyboard layout? Is it US English or did MS send only bilingual keyboards to Canada?
    I got mine today (yay!) and it is not bilingual (meh). I got the black touch cover.
    acsurf likes this.
    10-30-2012 03:21 PM
    I got mine today (yay!) and it is not bilingual (meh). I got the black touch cover.
    Thanks. I really didn't want a bilingual keyboard, so that's good.
    10-30-2012 03:39 PM
    Finally arrived an hour ago at the office! It was worth the wait!
    10-30-2012 05:06 PM
    OK. I have to blame UPS now. I left my company address for shipping, but UPS wants the "apartment number".

10/30/2012 11:32 The apartment number is missing or is incorrect. UPS is attempting to obtain this information.
    The package did not even come out from UPS sorting center. I have no idea how they figured out the apartment number is missing.

I did call UPS and they don't understand why the apartment number is needed. So I just left a dummy number.
    10-30-2012 05:23 PM
    well doesn't look like anything today for myself. Hoping for tomorrow and a least by the end of the week.
    10-30-2012 08:31 PM
    Nothing on my side either. Still the same old message showing up at UPS "Ready for UPS"... On don't think I'll have my tablet by the end of the week.
    10-30-2012 08:37 PM
    Mine showed up just before lunch today. Thanks for leaving it by the front door in sub 0 temperatures UPS... :@

Anyways, it all came together pretty much within 20 hours of going from being scanned in Kentucky, moving to South Dakota, and then directly to Calgary. I've been enjoying it so far!
    10-30-2012 11:45 PM
    Mine showed up just before lunch today. Thanks for leaving it by the front door in sub 0 temperatures UPS... :@

Anyways, it all came together pretty much within 20 hours of going from being scanned in Kentucky, moving to South Dakota, and then directly to Calgary. I've been enjoying it so far!
    are you in calgary? or somewhere close by? I'm a few hours away though my tracking just sys the label has been created. hopefully that doesn't matter.
    10-31-2012 12:02 AM
    Mine's being delivered to Calgary. It's in Sioux Falls, SD right now, having gone through about 6 cities in 2 days...hardly "express" shipping. At least it should arrive early tomorrow. I think they scanned mine after the 6pm deadline for 1-day, hence the longer time frame.
    10-31-2012 12:29 AM

I think we had the same UPS driver, mine was also left by my front door in Calgary, didn't bring it in until I got home from work.
    10-31-2012 01:31 AM
    My tablet is still in customs, but if it clears quickly I could have it by end of day.

Just a side note. I received a package from Purolator which contained a "GEEK." black T-shirt with the new Microsoft logo on the back sent to me by Microsoft Canada.

Not sure why I was sent this shirt, but thanks. I have been proclaiming to the world my uber geekness, now I have the T-shirt to prove it.
    10-31-2012 08:44 AM
    Mine arrived just before noon today. It was left by the front door, but I'm not sure they even rang the doorbell.

The hardware is simply amazing. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.
    10-31-2012 04:53 PM
    are you in calgary? or somewhere close by? I'm a few hours away though my tracking just sys the label has been created. hopefully that doesn't matter.
    Yeah I'm in Calgary. It shouldn't matter when it comes to actually shipping out where you are in the country...
    10-31-2012 07:37 PM
    I call Microsoft Store today to know where my Microsoft Surface was, since UPS is only telling me that it's "Ready for UPS" since the 22th. They told me that is not normal and they don't know where the package went.. They have open a case to look for it...
    10-31-2012 08:34 PM
    First post from my new Surface. It is not perfect, but way better then anything I have used so far.
    10-31-2012 11:25 PM
    So.... Microsoft cancelled my order on me without any reason being given. Justification on the invoice, "other." I called to ask why. No one knows. "A glitch in the system."

So, I re-order, appreciating errors occur, but now it is telling me I will receive my order in 4 weeks, vice Thursday. Called back for assistance - got nothing. They told me to go to a store. I am very, very far away from any store.

This is frustrating, and Microsoft could have done something to show good faith, but I got nothing but a run around. Even one of those Xbox Music credits would have gone a long way.

My girlfriend is going to Vegas on Friday, I might ask her to try and get one for me in the States, and my work HQ is re-calling me to Edmonton on the 19th - so perhaps a trip to WEM is in the stars. Will leave my online one processing in case for some bizarre reason it actually ships.

This has been disappointing.
    Well I will give credit where it is due. After one of my four phone calls to the Microsoft Store I received an e-mail "how was it" type survey. I put my rant about the cancelled order and being upset that I lost my spot in the queue due to administrative error by Microsoft. Someone actually read this!

Got a call yesterday morning telling me one had been expedited out, and it is due tomorrow. Quite pleased to see this change of face, and I am much more satisfied about this situation in general.

Cheers
    11-02-2012 01:02 AM
    maybe i should do that survey after all! ;)
    11-02-2012 01:48 AM
149 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD