Shipping for Orders from Canada

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Off the live chat with another Rep, Tyler H this time, and he won't cave in. Keeps telling me it's here by tomorrow, as stated originally, EVEN THOUGH there is no indication that it shipped.

Tyler H: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
You: Morning Tyler, seems like you guys just opened :)
Tyler H: We did! How are you this morning?
You: I'm okay, and yourself?
Tyler H: Great! How can I help you this morning?
You: I know I'm another "one of them", but we're very anxious about our tablets. when I chatted with a rep yesterday morning, he told me they would ship out at 2PM, yesterday with UPS 3 day. Now reps are saying it's shipping with next day air. Is there a definitive answer, or are reps really just throwing it out there without information. Most of us ordered by the 10/26 cutoff.
Tyler H: Okay, I'd be happy to help answer your questions about your Surface order!
Tyler H: Can I have your order number?
You: Sure. xxxxxxxxxxxx
You: I've tried the reference number lookup that was discussed on several websites. I got nothing out of it.
Tyler H: Okay.
Tyler H: Just one moment while I look that up for you!
You: No problem.
Tyler H: One moment.
Tomer: Okay :)
Tyler H: Can I ask if you received your confirmation e-mail?
Tomer: For shipment, or for the order?
Tyler H: For the order.
Tomer: I did.
Tyler H: Okay, the shipping date and date that you will receive your Surface should be included in your e-mail, and will still be correct. You should receive your order by the 26th!
Tomer: That's tomorrow, though? And there's no indication that the order has shipped.
Tomer: And if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow, as promised by Microsoft, yourself, and hundreds of it's customer service employees, what happens?
Tyler H: According to your order information, that date should be correct, and if you do not receive it on time, you can feel free to contact us tomorrow with further questions. As I said, your order should be arriving on time.
Tomer: okay, not a problem. Thank you Tyler.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I really doubt the Surface will be delivered tomorrow Oct 26.

It's possible but unlikely. As we cannot get the shipping information from FedEx and UPS, the only hope is Canada Post.

If the Surface is dispatched this evening as Canada Post Expedited Parcel, it is still possible to arrive tomorrow.

It's also possible that the tablet has been shipped from China, but we cannot find it using our reference number number. It seems this option is very unlikely.

Let's see what will happen tomorrow, and decide if blame or love Microsoft.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I really doubt the Surface will be delivered tomorrow Oct 26.

It's possible but unlikely. As we cannot get the shipping information from FedEx and UPS, the only hope is Canada Post.

If the Surface is dispatched this evening as Canada Post Expedited Parcel, it is still possible to arrive tomorrow.

It's also possible that the tablet has been shipped from China, but we cannot find it using our reference number number. It seems this option is very unlikely.

Let's see what will happen tomorrow, and decide if blame or love Microsoft.
My Touch Cover is being sent through UPS so I am not too confident about the Canada Post idea. If there is not confirmation email by days end tomorrow then I will start worrying if I will get my Surface on time. The keyboard will be useless without one.

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the answer I got from the live chat feature of the store:

According to the record, your order has been sent to the Warehouse but not yet shipped, but you should be receiving it by 10/26.

I ordered mine on 10/16 at 10:00AM EST. It seems that what I saw on others websites is correct: They sent the tablets to warehouse near the delivery address and so the shipping notice would be sent very late in the process : i.e. today or even tomorrow morning.

Matthieu

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife just dug this up.

Ships from: CARLISLE PA 17013
WW EXPEDITED
MON 29OCT12 EBD

So no Surface for me till Monday. I will drown my sorrows in a 24 hour gaming marathon. If I had received my Surface, I would have celebrated with a 24 hour gaming marathon. Either way, I game.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
checked Canada Post, FedEx, UPS, Purolator, DHL... cannot find anything with the reference numner

Hope we can get the Surface tomorrow.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Well this news may not be encouraging to some. I checked my UPS delivery status and it has not changed since yesterday morning. Still indicating "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

If this is the case, I will not get my Surface till Tuesday now.

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well this news may not be encouraging to some. I checked my UPS delivery status and it has not changed since yesterday morning. Still indicating "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I would not put so much faith into the UPS status. I have seen others deliveries like this, the status never changed and all of sudden the package is at your doorstep. It seems that the Surface is not handled like traditional UPS/FedEx packages and more like iPad ones i.e. they are held in warehouses before being delivered at day 1. I hope so :)

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Can I ask how you checked? Did you get an e-mail saying it shipped, or are you using the trick? Cuz the trick doesn't seem to work.
I received an email yesterday at 8:14AM (Atlantic Time).

My order history indicated that the order has been completed.

The original confirmation email indicated the following.

Product Name: Surface with Windows RT (Pre-Ordered)
Pre-order release date: Pre-order now for delivery by 10/26

UPS Tracking (client facing one) indicates the order was processed, but not picked up yet. Same as yesterday morning.

My wife will check the magic UPS crystal ball when she arrives at work and provide me with an official "where is it at now" update.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's delivery day (presumably) and by now we know that American customers will most likely get their tablets as early as this morning. As for us and UK folks - that's anyone's guess. I'm having mine shipped to my office so I might be going home with it at the end of the day but I'm not counting on it.

In all this there's something Microsoft isn't taking into consideration: Anyone who has pre ordered a Surface - from the U.S. or elsewhere - has bought the Surface purely on faith. Faith in an unknown product should at least be rewarded with what was promised. The Surface won't change my world - but I at least expect it to be delivered on time. Or at the very least, some sort of status update - and not 10 different answers from 10 different Microsoft reps who are clearly no more in the know than we are.

In the end, if we receive them today or a week from today or not at all, I'm sure Microsoft will issue some half baked apology on some blog somewhere, but will mean nothing.

As much as I hate the fruit logo, their customers expect more - and they get it.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I would not put so much faith into the UPS status. I have seen others deliveries like this, the status never changed and all of sudden the package is at your doorstep. It seems that the Surface is not handled like traditional UPS/FedEx packages and more like iPad ones i.e. they are held in warehouses before being delivered at day 1. I hope so :)
I agree with you on this, that is why I am getting my wife (who works at UPS) to verify and provide me with a more formal update. Last time she checked it indicated that it would be delivered on Monday. I kind of need to know when and where the package is to plan my day around it. I know this sounds funny, but running after a package is not easy if you miss that very short delivery window.

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's delivery day (presumably) and by now we know that American customers will most likely get their tablets as early as this morning. As for us and UK folks - that's anyone's guess. I'm having mine shipped to my office so I might be going home with it at the end of the day but I'm not counting on it.

In all this there's something Microsoft isn't taking into consideration: Anyone who has pre ordered a Surface - from the U.S. or elsewhere - has bought the Surface purely on faith. Faith in an unknown product should at least be rewarded with what was promised. The Surface won't change my world - but I at least expect it to be delivered on time. Or at the very least, some sort of status update - and not 10 different answers from 10 different Microsoft reps who are clearly no more in the know than we are.

In the end, if we receive them today or a week from today or not at all, I'm sure Microsoft will issue some half baked apology on some blog somewhere, but will mean nothing.

As much as I hate the fruit logo, their customers expect more - and they get it.

I've my surface isn't here today, I'll head out to the Eaton Centre store, make sure they have them, buy it, and then call Microsoft and cancel this order. If it arrives, I'll simply decline, call my bank, provide proof that I declined, and the payment will be back to me. I was hoping to get it today, just like they promised. With no e-mail, reference not working, and probably some of the worst customer service ever, Microsoft let a lot of people down in the past week.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Final update on my situation. My wife confirmed that the package has not even shipped yet. This even after I got my shipment notification from Microsoft yesterday morning. Since it is shipped Express, it will take two business days if it leaves today so I could be looking at middle next week before I get to taste the goodness. Bummer.

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Final update on my situation. My wife confirmed that the package has not even shipped yet. This even after I got my shipment notification from Microsoft yesterday morning. Since it is shipped Express, it will take two business days if it leaves today so I could be looking at middle next week before I get to taste the goodness. Bummer.

:( When did you order it? I got a notice for the Touch but nothing for the Surface. I ordered mine on the 10/16 one hour before the release

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
:( When did you order it? I got a notice for the Touch but nothing for the Surface. I ordered mine on the 10/16 one hour before the release
I got my confirmation email on October-16-12 1:09:56 PM Atlantic Time. The email showed up a few minutes after I had placed the order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers