Shipping for Orders from Canada

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just called a holiday store rep and she stated someone called 10 minutes prior saying their surface arrived via ups. Ain't gonna say she's lying because its a possibility.

b3rto

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Microsoft and they still continue to reassure that they will be delivered today. This was after they tried to convince me that my tracking information was deleted out of their system because the email went to my spam box.

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Phone reps don't know anything. They have no information and are just being told by MS to reassure customers.

Not realizing that non us customers are also calling those lines. They lady I spoke to had no idea where I was calling from. Just said yes you will get it today. Then I said I'm calling from Canada and it almost surprised her. Lol

Anyway. I'm at eaton center. Pretty busy and long lines. Only 2 cash registers so its going pretty slow.

b3rto

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Dear Customer,

Thanks again for pre-ordering your Surface online!

As stated at the time of order, we expect customers in Canada to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30. We apologize for any confusion caused by subsequent emails stating an earlier or later arrival date. To make up for any inconvenience, we would like to offer you a single use coupon for up to CND$50 off your next purchase from the Microsoft online store*.

To use your coupon, please visit Microsoft Store Canada Online Store - Welcome, shop for the items you want, and, at check out, type the code ****** in the Promo Code box. The value of your coupon will be applied at checkout, before you complete your purchase.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please visit us online at Microsoft Store Canada Online Store - Welcome or give us a call at 1-877-696-7786 for English, and 1-877-248-1220 for French.

Thank you,
Microsoft online store

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Dear Customer,

Thanks again for pre-ordering your Surface online!

As stated at the time of order, we expect customers in Canada to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30. We apologize for any confusion caused by subsequent emails stating an earlier or later arrival date. To make up for any inconvenience, we would like to offer you a single use coupon for up to CND$50 off your next purchase from the Microsoft online store*.

To use your coupon, please visit Microsoft Store Canada Online Store - Welcome, shop for the items you want, and, at check out, type the code ****** in the Promo Code box. The value of your coupon will be applied at checkout, before you complete your purchase.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please visit us online at Microsoft Store Canada Online Store - Welcome or give us a call at 1-877-696-7786 for English, and 1-877-248-1220 for French.

Thank you,
Microsoft online store

THEY EXPECT ME TO PURCHASE AGAIN FROM THERE? HA! Such jokers.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the way they just convert $ to ?, we get ?50 off our next order which is $80 CAD.

Makes a change that us brits aint getting as screwed as usual.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Good thing the Canadian MS store now sell Xbox 360 games. Free game for waiting a few extra days = happy customer.

ps/ no real games, so took a year of Live instead. :p

wildbohr

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I got my $50 too. However what bothers me about this whole ordeal is the "appeasement" email insinuates I am at fault for thinking I was getting my Surface today.

As stated at the time of order, we expect customers in Canada to receive their Surface devices between Oct. 26 and Oct. 30.

When very clearly on the order page, my confirmation email AND when I had to phone into MS Store's support number, that my order would arrive by no later than Oct 26th.

Pre-order now for delivery by 10/26

I wouldn't have even cared about getting $50 if they had simply OWNED up to their mistake. Don't blame your customer when you screw up, instead ask for forgiveness.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I got my $50 too. However what bothers me about this whole ordeal is the "appeasement" email insinuates I am at fault for thinking I was getting my Surface today.

When very clearly on the order page, my confirmation email AND when I had to phone into MS Store's support number, that my order would arrive by no later than Oct 26th.

I wouldn't have even cared about getting $50 if they had simply OWNED up to their mistake. Don't blame your customer when you screw up, instead ask for forgiveness.
Very true but at least Microsoft did not blame us for "holding" or "using" it wrong and we did not need to escalate things to the point of legal action before a peace offering was made. Not the ideal situation, but I am happy enough.

Now if I do not receive my Surface by end-of-day on Tuesday, MS will need to up the bribe (free upgrade to Pro?)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb