SSH client in Windows Store?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I dont have anything running Windows 8 preview so im not sure, but does anybody know if there is an SSH client available in the store? Something kinda like PuTTY?

Its an important app for me for school! Could eliminate my need for a laptop!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
ahh that's disappointing!! Please let me know if you find one! I'm sure one will appear shortly after release, but I kinda wish I didn't have to bring my laptop to school every day!

xkxkxk

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the one thing I'm waiting for not found it yet. Any candidate app needs a few things though:

1. Certificate authentication is a must ... no way am I leaving my server open to passwords
2. Port forwarding to work with the MS Remote desktop client ** essential
3. Configurable ports .. I don't run on 22
4. HTTP proxy support (eg SOCKS)

Biggest wish would be Tunnelier/Bitwise client which on Win32 is simply perfect. I'll pay good money for the right client - travel a lot and rely on getting safe web access via home.

jayjay42

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
xkxkxk, your list is exactly my list! That's why I couldn't get WP7.5 and it would be a HUGE shame if I have to pass on this entire version as well. I use a certificate but also password protect the certificate although admittedly it's not the best password. Without the certificate I have to type in this huge run on sentence and that just takes forever.
I basically need ConnectBot from Android working on WP8.

youngmit

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just thought that I'd add to this that I too am eagerly awaiting an SSH client. I figure the more activity that threads like this get, to more willing a dev will be to write one. Heck, id even lay down cash for a good one.

ImpalaDoug

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys I am working to engage a software development firm to make this a reality for all of us. It would be easier to see its fruition if I had other people who could share the cost of development. Overall I suppose if there were a way to get people to pledge money or prepay for the app (which I know will be nearly impossible to execute), then I think I could guarantee it would be available within a few months. I am currently in the negotiation stages with the firm (regarding price, the scope of the project, etc).

I'd appreciate any feedback, people interested in helping at all, as well as what you think you'd be willing to pay for an excellent SSH app for Windows RT.

Thanks,
-
Doug

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
xkxkxk summed up my wishlist, and Id pay for the app as it is an essential for me and until one appears, I will be carrying my android device with me as well..

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah 5-10$. Could also have 2 versions - Free with Add support and basic functions and Paid with everything, no Ads, Tunneling, etc.

If the Software Dev's are weary of the interest you could start a project on IndieGoGo, that way people can preorder without risk (Well some risk but a lot less then paypaling money)

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had this for a while (Been 3 updates already) forgot about the thread.

The new resizing window is awesome, and the Dev is super responsive via email/blog. Already had to bug about key types and adding ppk support.

cw_devFluid

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm the developer of SSH Terminal Emulator.

Thanks for your support and feedback from the thread. I just want to reach out and make sure if that if anyone is having issues with the App, or has suggestions, they should send me an email at support@devfluid.com.

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon