Surface Battery Life

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
PCMag test stated battery life was good, with the Surface managing 7 hours 45 minutes in their video rundown test from its 31.5 WHr battery vs the iPad?s 10:54 from its 42.5 WHr battery.
Personally I am a little disappointed the battery life is not better. There is a little bias in this review thought.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i wish it were better as well. With my laptop having a broken battery, i am lucky to squeeze 30 min out of it, so for me its going to be an improvement from what i have and im excited about that.

But i totally agree that its sub par for its weight class!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
PCMag test stated battery life was good, with the Surface managing 7 hours 45 minutes in their video rundown test from its 31.5 WHr battery vs the iPad?s 10:54 from its 42.5 WHr battery.
Personally I am a little disappointed the battery life is not better. There is a little bias in this review thought.

For some strange reason Apple products are always listed at the top but I usually see them plugged in and charging (just like everything else). Yes, that was intended as sarcasm. I always take these numbers with a grain of salt. If it really lasts about 8 hours that would put it in line with what most mainstream tablets do in real world use.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
specs/math matter little in the real world. 3 hours difference is huge! Even if it come with with a bit more weight.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I can see the replies from the Apple bunch:

Mine is better to look at than yours,
It lasts longer than yours. ;)

So we should see 10+ hours surfing the web reading ect?

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
So the bottom line is it's looking like Surface is a huge fail.

I never said that.
I have a surface on pre order,:) And looking forward to comparing it to my wife?s Ipad 2.
She is quiet often looking for a power point to charge the Ipad after 6+ hours of heavy use.

What we do need is a tablet that can go a full day without needing a power supply.

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks fine to me...

kall3b.png

msowsp.png

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
According to the folks using it on a daily basis, it generally lasts around 10 hours under "normal" usage, slightly less if you do watch lots of video. However, if that's not your normal usage patterns (playing back videos and music for 8-9 hours with 50% brightness), you're likely to get closer to the magic 10 hour number.

Ultimately, get the device if you like it, or wait for more in-depth reviews if you're on the fence.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
iPad's batteries may last longer, but I have a feeling their charge time will also take much longer! What i got from one of the reviews was that the power supply for the surface is huge and charges it up in a jiff! And from experience with my moms iPad, the battery takes an ungodly amount of time to charge!

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
iPad's batteries may last longer, but I have a feeling their charge time will also take much longer! What i got from one of the reviews was that the power supply for the surface is huge and charges it up in a jiff! And from experience with my moms iPad, the battery takes an ungodly amount of time to charge!

Hope this turns out to be true. Think you are right about the Ipad charge time I remember the wife complaining about it not being fully charged even after 1.5 hours on the charger.

Last edited:

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So for browsing it's below all iPads and for video playback it's near the bottom. How is that "fine"? My god, every hour it's looking like Surface is a huge FAIL or epic proportions. The market is gonna reject this.
It's already selling well based on pre orders. You are as stunned as the day is long. I'm hoping the Surface will continue to sell well even if just to see you weep quietly in a corner sucking your thumb.

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss