Surface form factor is a failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The Verge's reviewer said it was awkward to hold in landscape as well.

Oh you mean the one done by Josh Topolsky who basically loathes anything Microsoft and is a huge Fandroid? The same guy who has basically said he hates all Windows phones and the ones he likes he wishes just ran Android?

Yea...

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Ah the "everyone is out to get us!" card, I thought the crackberry fans had the monopoly on that line of "argument".

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh you mean the one done by Josh Topolsky who basically loathes anything Microsoft and is a huge Fandroid? The same guy who has basically said he hates all Windows phones and the ones he likes he wishes just ran Android?

Yea...

Have you not read any of the other reviews that say the same thing, or are we just sticking to the ones that are more favorable than others?? Lemme know.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you not read any of the other reviews that say the same thing, or are we just sticking to the ones that are more favorable than others?? Lemme know.

I've read about 8 today. The person I was quoting was referring to a specific review. Which is why it was commented on.

Maybe you should write reviews with the crack deduction skills you have.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've read about 8 today. The person I was quoting was referring to a specific review. Which is why it was commented on.

Maybe you should write reviews with the crack deduction skills you have.

Uh, yes I know that. I saw the quote you were referring to. Thank you.

What I meant was, you were acting like Josh's review was the only one who said portrait mode was awkward & almost unusable. Because, you know, it was from Josh the hater. So it simply must be a lie.

And I'll work on my deduction if you work on your contextual reading skills. Is it a deal??

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
And that makes it the absolute truth because.......

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2.

It's a valid OPINION, I dont think he claimed it as an absolute truth.

I love the Surface a lot, but watching the video I can see it being more awkward to hold in landscape than an iPad for example. A deal breaker though? No way.

thzman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a valid OPINION, I dont think he claimed it as an absolute truth.

Yes, it may be an opinion but it's not stated that way so I added a little sarcasm. :)

The OP claims that the surface form factor is a fail - end of story. And why? Because the reviewer at Verge tought it's akward to hold it. It's not even OPs opinion, it's the opinion of some other guy.

I know that this is all speculation since none of us in here has ever used one for real, but if you diss a product you haven't used based on one review then you sould be ready to take some heat. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I didnt approve the OPs "form factor is fail", but I do think the Verge dude's opinion that it's awkward can be valid :p

I do agree that the formfactor isnt ideal for what would primarily be a handheld tablet, but that's not what Surface primarily is. For what it is however, I think the formfactor seems quite spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett