Engadget Video Review

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
From my reading the lag may be from having Office open still when she was switching. From what I have been reading the prerelease version of Office on RT is very resource intensive.

CoopII

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
From what I have been reading the prerelease version of Office on RT is very resource intensive.

I haven't seen this specific video review, and won't be able to until this evening, but are they definitely still using the preview release? There's already been a Windows update to bring Office to the 'final' version. (I only say final in quotes because of course there's the potential for later updates, just like any Office version that you would buy.)

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The lag was pretty minimal like a fraction of a second while she jumped from one app to the other. Se also had Word open on the desktop which probably didn't help.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I only say prerelease because I'm certain it says ships with student release and update to final release when available. Making assumptions sorry if I am off dont want to spread misinformation. What I do know is andtech review shows how when running office other multitasking tasks slow down.

CoopII

Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
You are right however there was some news over the weekend that MS would be updating Surface ahead of schedule with the final version although it was not clear if that was before shipping or by Windows update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99