Surface shipping nightmare

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Guess what, it wouldn't be any different if it were an Apple product.

?

Where did I say otherwise. I already mentioned Amazon and other companies. It's a general rule...you cancel last minute the item still ships...regardless of where you ordered from or who made it.

So I'm confused about what this post had to do with what I said...

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
To restate, anything that went out today has technically already left with its shipping documents and was not being shipped overnight, and anything that missed the cutoff will not arrive until next week. That is straight from FedEx - it is not my interpretation.

"Today" in the APAC region still has hours left to get your package to the logistics company of their choice to make a 10/26 delivery. Don't argue with me on this.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP's bad luck was that everything happened right at a critical point in time where the order had probably just shipped out but had not updated in their system yet.

The worst case would be having to wait a few extra days to receive the product so I personally wouldn't blow a fuse over it.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
"Today" in the APAC region still has hours left to get your package to the logistics company of their choice to make a 10/26 delivery. Don't argue with me on this.

Yea I am extremely curious as to whether or not he took time zones into consideration in his own deductions...

Benny1434

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
First, this is cancelled order and the only reason I care about delivery is because it should have never happened in the first place. Second, it is not my interpretation that the package will arrive next week. It is expressly scheduled for Monday delivery and they missed the cutoff to assure delivery. I have also been on the phone with FedEx international shipping who confirmed it really is still sitting in China with a shipping label/bill of lading, will not even reach their transit depot until tomorrow, and really is scheduled to be delivered next week. If people receive a late tracking number and don't want to follow-up with FedEx about where international shipments are, or if you have not received any tracking number, believe what you want.
Who said that they have to be coming straight from China?
I get that you tried cancelled your order, but every single online company does the same thing, what they should have said is, "we will try to cancel your order but it might be already being processed to ship, in which case you will need to refuse shipment when it is delivered."

Standard stuff, and something that every online company does.

What I was trying to point out is that not everyone's Surface is coming straight from China. I know I didn't receive my confirmation email until last night. They specifically promised Friday delivery which I was sure they could deliver and not suffer the rath of thousands of people. That email said its coming from Pennsylvania, not China. Also, it's being shipped Next Day Air, not Standard with delivery Friday before 10am. So obviously they are shipping these multiple ways depending on what you ordered, where you live, etc. but they will get there tomorrow.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Folks...this is what happens when you cancel at the last minute...things still ship.

Thts bullcrap i ordered mine on the 16th and called to cancel it on the 19th, more than enough time to cancel it, why can amazon cancel anything before it ships, and i also received an email on the 23rd saying it was cancelled, ten on te 26 another email saying that cancellation failed i was like what? An they sent it, now i have yo send it back and yet wen you call to do the return, they process an RMA and tey tell you, that you will receive an email within 2-4 hours up to 1 day, for you to return it, i never had so much trouble cancelling somehing or returning somehing, its ridiculous the fact that you cannot cancel an order that hasnt shipped online, and the lack of knowledge leaves a lot to be desired, i will return this and never do business with microsoft again.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Thts bullcrap i ordered mine on the 16th and called to cancel it on the 19th, more than enough time to cancel it, why can amazon cancel anything before it ships, and i also received an email on the 23rd saying it was cancelled, ten on te 26 another email saying that cancellation failed i was like what? An they sent it, now i have yo send it back and yet wen you call to do the return, they process an RMA and tey tell you, that you will receive an email within 2-4 hours up to 1 day, for you to return it, i never had so much trouble cancelling somehing or returning somehing, its ridiculous the fact that you cannot cancel an order that hasnt shipped online, and the lack of knowledge leaves a lot to be desired, i will return this and never do business with microsoft again.

doubt it.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
doubt it.

i can definitely show you what the email said, so dont say anything if you have no idea how it went

"Hello mario,

We have verified that the following item from order number xxxxxxxx has been cancelled, and will not be posted to your credit card nor shipped out.

Qty : 1
Product Name : Surface 64 GB with Black Touch Cover

Thank you and if you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Best Regards

Rene Lozano

Microsoft Store Customer Care Team"

Go figured and have called them today and several days before the cancellation request showed up for their staff saying that it showed it was started on the 19th and they didnt do anything about it, but even best buy or amazon have a better way to cancel pre-orders, its ridiculous that you have to go through this just to cancel a pre-order, way before it shipped, definitely a bad experience.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
yes i am doubting you never doing business with MS again.

But i honestly just really don't care either way.

no I do doubt it I would not buy from them directly I never said I would't buy their products, I would buy them from Amazon, or other retailers which offer an easier return policy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb