What does limited flash mean?

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there exists such a public list. Flash works on mainstream sites in Metro IE, but Flash works on ALL sites on the Desktop IE.

I do wish Microsoft has a public list, that one could petition to be included in. It would be also nice if the supported Silverlight, their own tech.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there exists such a public list. Flash works on mainstream sites in Metro IE, but Flash works on ALL sites on the Desktop IE.

I do wish Microsoft has a public list, that one could petition to be included in. It would be also nice if the supported Silverlight, their own tech.
So RT can play any flash video if in Desktop mode?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Unless I am missing what you mean, that is not true. The start screen IE 10 and desktop IE 10 are not the same thing. One is a sandboxed (and quite fast) subset of IE 10 and the other is the ARM version of the x86 release running on the RT legacy desktop.

That is what I initially thought as well. And still hope for. But the moderators on the microsoft forums have repeatedly stated that the desktop version of IE on ARM supports no plugins (full flash, silverlight, anything). I sincerely hope they are misinformed.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
No I've heard that it does have all of those things. Will the metro IE be able to link to desktop? For quickly switching to use plugins?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte