Will you be lining up early for the Surface on the 26th?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've already gotten a reservation slip for the Surface from my local Microsoft store. I will definitely buy it on the 26th. But I'm just curious, is anyone going to start lining up right when the mall opens?

I'm not sure what to expect. Will there be a long line up or will there just be a few people going early to pick up their Surface? I don't want to go early and embarrass myself lining up will only a short line up and being forced to have awkward conversations with a few fanboys.

So do you guys expect there to be a long line up for the Surface right at opening on the 26th? Will you be going early to line up?

Last edited:

Pepe_Silvia

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The first 100 people lined up will receive a free year subscription to XBOX Music. I called the Windows Store (Los Angeles) today to confirm. It does require a Surface purchase, however. Therefore, if you are definitely going to pick one up on Friday, how early are you willing to get in line to gain an extra $100 value? That's worth a few hours to me at least.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What if you already have a Zune cough I mean Xbox music pass for few years. Of I show up to a store after work Friday around 7will I get a tabet?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a reservation slip, but I'm getting there when the mall opens just because I want to see if there is a line. Most people I have talked too don't even know tomorrow is the release date for it.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was asking that if I dont care to be the first 100 people to get the free music pass then what do you all think mt chances of getting a surface Friday I'd I show up after work around 7:30pm.

Will they sell out that quick?

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I think each of the Microsoft Stores are getting massive shipments. I'd be surprised if they sold out the first day. Although if they did that wouldn't be bad thing either except for the whole having to wait part :)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ill probably get there about 30 minutes before mall opens. Not sure if lines will be long

I asked the Ms store guy if he thought there would be a long line for fun and he says "well, usually when apple has a release, they have really long lines"..I responded with "well, apple is a little different from you guys" with a smirk. Didnt think he expected that response as he couldnt come back with a response, i laughed it off with my GF there and she said i was mean.

Oh well :p

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Ill probably get there about 30 minutes before mall opens. Not sure if lines will be long

I asked the Ms store guy if he thought there would be a long line for fun and he says "well, usually when apple has a release, they have really long lines"..I responded with "well, apple is a little different from you guys" with a smirk. Didnt think he expected that response as he couldnt come back with a response, i laughed it off with my GF there and she said i was mean.

Oh well :p

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My online order won't get here until 11/7 (at the very earliest) so I plan to buy one at the store. The Portland store officially opens only tomorrow. I plan to get there around 9 AM.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Planning on hitting the Eaton Centre in Toronto tomorrow morning. The mall opens at 10AM, though I'm wondering if they're opening up early for Surface?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I went by the kiosk in the Eaton Centre and it looks a lot more spruced up then when I last saw it. It now has lighted sides that say "Surface" on them - actually looks pretty snazzy for a temporary kiosk. And for the guy that said the kiosk in his local mall was flimsy - the one here is more like a booth with a bit of a raised floor for the employees. Looks really solid.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Our mall kiosk starts selling them at 9:00am so I figure I'll be there around 8:00 to get in line. If there isn't a line, I'll just sit in the car and listen to the radio for a bit.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Washington Square in Portland, OR opens at ten, so that is when the kiosk will open. My wife is going for me because I have to be at work at 1030 and work 60 minutes in the opposite direction. They already had people lined up outside the mall at 4 o'clock today. I'm just torn on whether I want a Red or Black touchcover.

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Any word on whether free year of music is at kiosks too? Or it is just a b&m thing....? I'd consider if at kiosk. The closest ms store to me isn't too far but it's such a hassle to go to that mall (century city).

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Any word on whether free year of music is at kiosks too? Or it is just a b&m thing....? I'd consider if at kiosk. The closest ms store to me isn't too far but it's such a hassle to go to that mall (century city).

Pretty sure all Microsoft stores and Pop up stores are giving them out. Not certain though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs