Anandtech's Windows RT review

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got done reading it as well. Anand's reviews are definitely high on the list for me in terms of detail and lack of bias.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Anandtech is one of very few tech review sites worth reading. They also have the skill to make measurements and develop their own benchmarking software if necessary, which requires them to actually understand the tech they are reviewing... that is very rare amongst tech review sites. The Verge, Gizmodo and such ilk are utterly incompetent in comparison.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. What an intensive and well done review. Points out strengths and weakness in equal measure without being condescending or disgustingly gushing. Take note, douchebags at zdnet - you can write write a review without looking like complete imbeciles.

Well done Anandtech. Well done indeed.:)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Take note, douchebags at zdnet - you can write write a review without looking like complete imbeciles.

Absolutely! Unfortunately, that would necessitate that zdnet reviewers actually understood what they are writing about, which they simply do not. Beyond what any end-user could discern by themselves within a few hours of experimentation, zdnet staff are basically clueless. For anything that is actually technical zdnet must rely on official company statements, which they polish up and then publish... it's the same approach "newspapers" have that publish press releases from political campaigns unaltered and without any analysis... all propaganda, no substance.

Unfortunately, the majority of people aren't technical enough to realize how low the quality of those publications are. It's a crummy situation for consumers everywhere.

P.S. I would also recommend looking at their iPhone 5 review. That is what a smartphone review should look like! I hope the Lumia 920 and the 8X or the ATIV get a similar treatment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)