Anyone else had a cancellation email tonight?

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I had an email from the store telling me the type cover and av cable had been cancelled - it shows reason as 'other'. I certainly did not cancel them myself. I'm in the UK.

Getting really concerned that this is a real dog's breakfast here. Hoping this is another incorrect email as per last week. I haven't had one yet telling me the Surface itself is cancelled ( site still shows 'in process' for that but does show cancelled for the type cover /cable).

Will be calling MS first thing in the morning!! will report back if news.

jezzbennett

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The worrying thing is that they tell me my 64gb surface has been cancelled!!! To make matters worse I spoke to a Microsoft support person today and they told me everything is OK and I can expect to receive an e-mail tomorrow morning (26th) with all my delivery details on. Livid does not come close to how I am feeling right now.....

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Oh, that's just BS. No excuse for a tech giant to drop the ball as bad as it has.

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**

And how exactly is one possible cancellation 'dropping the ball'? It seems as if everyone's getting their devices on time, and at worst, on Monday.

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The worrying thing is that they tell me my 64gb surface has been cancelled!!! To make matters worse I spoke to a Microsoft support person today and they told me everything is OK and I can expect to receive an e-mail tomorrow morning (26th) with all my delivery details on. Livid does not come close to how I am feeling right now.....

deep breaths my friend :) seems like it would make matters better if you spoke with someone that has access to data you do not. I also thought there was an issue, but was reassured by the rep and then found out my 64 gig is indeed arriving tomorrow. (it just left memphis! woo)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And how exactly is one possible cancellation 'dropping the ball'? It seems as if everyone's getting their devices on time, and at worst, on Monday.

You must be from the States, so you never got the email last weekend about shipping the delays, or the one after that said "Whoops! No delay. My bad." or the no shipping details yet despite the fact when we ordered, it said on the receipts that it will be delivered for 10/26.

You're right. Everything is peachy keen.:dry

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You must be from the States, so you never got the email last weekend about shipping the delays, or the one after that said "Whoops! No delay. My bad." or the no shipping details yet despite the fact when we ordered, it said on the receipts that it will be delivered for 10/26.

You're right. Everything is peachy keen.:dry

I suppose you are right that that would be irritating. I think what bothers me is that it's the 25th. If they indeed do miss everyone in CA and UK on their ship dates, then yes I stand corrected, but until then, it just seems like impatience.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I suppose you are right that that would be irritating. I think what bothers me is that it's the 25th. If they indeed do miss everyone in CA and UK on their ship dates, then yes I stand corrected, but until then, it just seems like impatience.
Believe me, nothing would make me happier to stand in front of you this time tomorrow and eat a big bowl of crow. And I do have a glimmer of hope as small as it is.

But at this point I wonder if I'll get a delivery at all.

toekramp

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, nothing would make me happier to stand in front of you this time tomorrow and eat a big bowl of crow. And I do have a glimmer of hope as small as it is.

But at this point I wonder if I'll get a delivery at all.

Well then here's to you eatin' some delicious crow! (hopefully)

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Well its good to know it isn't just me, not to wish this situation on anyone of course! I'm still clinging to the hope that it will all arrive on 26th as originally promised. If it doesn't it will be very frustrating, especially after telling us in last weekend's debacle that we will have to wait until 2nd Nov but following it with the 'only joking' correction. I am being impatient I suppose but at this point it seems anything is possible. Let's hope MS pull it out of the bag at the last minute. I really am rooting for them with W8 / WRT/ WP8.

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to support. Apparently lots of international (presume they mean non-US) orders have had this 'authorisation' problem and the only thing to do is wait and see what turns up and if I am missing parts of the order, re-order them. What a shambles people.
Also when I asked if it will come today she said the shipping date was today with delivery by 30th. I countered by quoting the original email that clearly says the delivery date was 26/10 NOT the shipping date. I then got 'it is because of the volume etc.'
Poor.
So it may be the middle of next week before I get it and even then it will likely be missing the type cover and av cable. I will then have to order those again with no faith whatsoever that a similar thing won't happen. They should be giving some store credit to anyone who doesn't get one today as PROMISED.
I can handle the wait but knowing I will have to go through this again is the worst, especially as I can't just order the type cover and av cable again now just in case they do appear after all. Again, what a shambles. :-(

cstenson

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
another update: just after coming off the phone to MS I got a call from an automated bank fraud line, which I thought initially was a phishing call. It turned out that the bank had declined a transaction of ?144.98, exactly the amount of type cover and av adapter combined. I got back on to MS to get them to confirm 100% that it was cancelled and they did so. So I've just reordered them. Incredibly frustrating that the bank would throw a spanner in the works, but to be fair to MS that isn't their fault. I don't understand why the transaction was split and why the surface itself wasn't also declined. Nothing showing up in online banking yet so perhaps they just haven't tried yet.
Delivery wise the latest person said it should be today or tomorrow but I think it is highly unlikely. I will update as and when of course! She did also say that shipping emails haven't gone out yet even if goods have shipped.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Delivery wise the latest person said it should be today or tomorrow but I think it is highly unlikely. I will update as and when of course! She did also say that shipping emails haven't gone out yet even if goods have shipped.

Impossible for it to be tomorrow, they don't deliver on weekends. I think this is why they're now saying the 30th, because taking into account the weekend if they shipped them today, they'd all arrive on the 30th.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb