Windows 8 Themes for Download?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Since there isn't a Windows 8 thread I guess I'll start it here.

You know how you can download themes for Windows 7 on the Microsoft website? I think it would be awesome if they did that for Windows 8 as well. Microsoft can continuously add more themes (that they think are suitable for the "Modern" look) to a website where consumers can download.

For example, since halloween is coming up soon, they could add several Halloween themes for consumers to download if we want. Likewise, they should have themes for all holidays. Also, they should allow companies to submit their own themes.

This would definitely lessen the amount of whining about customization. This seems like such a no brainer that I'm pretty sure Microsoft is smart enough to have thought of already. Hopefully this will be available soon.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Since there isn't a Windows 8 thread I guess I'll start it here.

You know how you can download themes for Windows 7 on the Microsoft website? I think it would be awesome if they did that for Windows 8 as well. Microsoft can continuously add more themes (that they think are suitable for the "Modern" look) to a website where consumers can download.

For example, since halloween is coming up soon, they could add several Halloween themes for consumers to download if we want. Likewise, they should have themes for all holidays. Also, they should allow companies to submit their own themes.

This would definitely lessen the amount of whining about customization. This seems like such a no brainer that I'm pretty sure Microsoft is smart enough to have thought of already. Hopefully this will be available soon.
All the Windows 7 themes work on Windows 8.. well, on the desktop. If you mean their Metro interface then yes, I think they need some more than what's already there.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hahah, thank you. I can not believe I have been on win7 since before RTM and never even thought about looking for themes. Now on the eve of win8 I learn about this.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
All the Windows 7 themes work on Windows 8.. well, on the desktop. If you mean their Metro interface then yes, I think they need some more than what's already there.

Yes, I did mean the Metro interface. We need more designs and colours. And the best way to do that is to have an online database where consumers can download the themes they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos