Anybody get the type cover?

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
No, but I saw one last night and I want it now. I want one of each. Cyan Touch COver for everyday use, Type Cover when I need to get more seirous work done. $130 is much cheaper than a second machine. A Pro plus Type Cover = goodbye normal laptops.

By "saw," I mean 'played around with briefly and tried typing on it.' It's actually a great keyboard.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft Store today to get my Surface so I tried out both keyboards. The type cover is only a little bit bigger and feels more like your using a laptop keyboard and touchpad. That said, I am able to type full speed almost right away on my cyan keyboard so it didn't bother me not having that "normal" feeling.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Playing with both i think i'm a TypeCover man. Its liteally the speed i type on my keyboard on my desktop.

I wasn't bad by any means on TouchCover but i have to look down more i find. I'm sure it would get better over time, but the only negatives i have of TypeCover is only one color and when folded behind its kinda weird pressing in keys.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the touch cover seemed risky to me, but I went with it ans so far so good. using Shift key seems a little wonky but I'll use it a while before thinking about a Type Cover. If they had just given me the choice of color I would have got a cyan touch cover and been done with it.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
the touch cover seemed risky to me, but I went with it ans so far so good. using Shift key seems a little wonky but I'll use it a while before thinking about a Type Cover. If they had just given me the choice of color I would have got a cyan touch cover and been done with it.

I think you have it backwards.

Type Cover - Physical keys
Touch Cover - Pressure sensitive keys

jwcdis

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I could type on the Type Cover as if it was a normal keyboard.
The touch cover has some learning curve needed in order to use so I held off on covers for now.

Ideally i'd like to use a touch cover but i'll probably play around with it at the store a little more.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, and apple will sell you a flat piece of material with some floppy areas in it so you can roll it up into a triangle and hold your iPad up. That only will cost you $40.

Type cover is $130. If you are going to troll at least do it well.

I will be getting a USB KB for home use and a touch cover for travel.

Or, I could go get a more expensive BT one required for an iPad.

Blackwood504

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The type cover is pretty damn nice. It's much better than I thought it would be. The touch cover is nice also.

Here is a picture I took of the type cover this morning.
WP_001085.jpg

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, and apple will sell you a flat piece of material with some floppy areas in it so you can roll it up into a triangle and hold your iPad up. That only will cost you $40.

Type cover is $130. If you are going to troll at least do it well.

I will be getting a USB KB for home use and a touch cover for travel.

Or, I could go get a more expensive BT one required for an iPad.

LOL! Makes the iPad covers sound so nasty ghetto now!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I played with the Type Cover when I picked up the tablet and it seemed like a nice design. Although it is almost flat, it did have a nice degree of key response. One person who was also picking up their tablet commented that the feel reminded him of the compact Arc Keyboard (minus the Arc part of course). FWIW though, I am sticking with the Touch Cover for the time being. They are telling everyone that it takes a day or two to get accustomed to it, but I really find it very easy - very little adjustment time at all.

cherone21

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't be afraid. It is amazing. I am getting used to it so quickly I don't know now I will go back to a regular keyboard. I just wish they made a touch number pad for when I use excel.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have both the type cover and the touch cover. The type cover feels a lot better and I love the tactile feedback. The touch cover is sometimes a little unresponsive and irritating (when that happens)

The type cover is a little noisy, so not sure how this will work in a meeting setting, but this is definitely what I will use. I am able to type about 3 times as fast and way more accurately on the type cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99