Power button issue

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just thought I'd see if anyone else was having this issue.

My power button kept getting activated (making the surface sleep and them wake) as if I was pressing it a bunch of times. Did this randomly for 45 min.

Now...its not working at all.

Sigh can't believe I have to go exchange this already.
Anyone else have power button issues?

Good news is.. surface is amazing on every other front. I probably just got a bad unit. But win8 is pretty outstanding this far.

With such good build quality I'm probably the only person with this problem lol.

blahdre

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I had a scare similar to that. Somehow the Surface powered down or something while it was in my backpack. When I flipped it open, it didn't power on. Power button didn't do anything either. I think I ended up having to keep the power button down and it had to boot from scratch (im assuming/hoping that I just accidentally powered it down though and that I don't have to exchange this thing...)

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a scare similar to that. Somehow the Surface powered down or something while it was in my backpack. When I flipped it open, it didn't power on. Power button didn't do anything either. I think I ended up having to keep the power button down and it had to boot from scratch (im assuming/hoping that I just accidentally powered it down though and that I don't have to exchange this thing...)

Had this happened twice now. Both after leaving it locked for a long time. May do a reset soon. I'm so bummed.

Stormwatch342

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
So mine seems to have cleared. No more hiccups with the power and its working 100% for the last few hours.

Wonder if something was just sticking the power button or something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3