Surface Won't Let Me Login!

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
This is a strange one, when I go to put my password in it says your PC is off-line please sign in with the last password used on this PC. Now I know what my password is, because I can log into my Windows live account on my other PCs. The only thing I can think is that I'm not on Wi-Fi right now but that shouldn't matter.

iSeeiSheep

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Surface Will Let You!

You either used a user ID that you made up or created a .NET account that sinks with Microsoft.

Two account types for Windows 8 RT.

1. A local account

2. A Microsoft based account where your user ID is your email address

Examples:

1. jjohnson

2. jjohnson@hotmail.com, or whatever email address you elected

Is your CAPS LOCK ON PERHAPS? :cool:

atlbuc

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
So I am back home and on Wi-Fi and can login just fine. So the surface doesn't cash my password when I leave from a Wi-Fi network?

cherone21

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
The problem that I am having is that movies I rent will not transfer from Xbox to surface and vice versa. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my WiFi when I was setting up too! Surface wouldn't log me into anything or activate for a while. I changed networks and everything started working again.

Marlin43

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This is a strange one, when I go to put my password in it says your PC is off-line please sign in with the last password used on this PC. Now I know what my password is, because I can log into my Windows live account on my other PCs. The only thing I can think is that I'm not on Wi-Fi right now but that shouldn't matter.
I have the exact same problem! I can't log back in! I will need to drive 40 miles to my office so I can be on the same wifi network I was on when I last logged on!

:mad::mad:

Marlin43

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem! I can't log back in! I will need to drive 40 miles to my office so I can be on the same wifi network I was on when I last logged on!

:mad::mad:

SRLAUREL

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I receive the message about not being able to logon while offline and also asking me for the last password I used. However I WANT to work offline. The Surface should accept my password in any case. I have input it several times and no the CAPS lock is not on. What do I do about this? I need to be able to work offline and away from home!

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I rarely reboot my RT so when I open the cover it turns on and I don't need to log on. I have great standby time so no problem. Just leave it on and use the cover to go on standby.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720