Some initial gripes

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I really like my Surface and think it has a lot of potential. That said:

1. Touch Cover trackpad isn't very responsive. Some keys do not respond very well either - like the spacebar.
2. Videos in a web page - if you maximize the video and change the orientation of the device then the video moves off screen.
3. Overall sluggishness

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My only gripe so far is that felt on the back of the touch cover. I'm afraid it's going to get dirty and start to look bad. Or the fabric is going to get messed up. I love this device though. I can't really call it a tablet (as in the way we think of a tablet now a days), nor is it a full blown laptop. Either way, I love it.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
My only gripe so far is that felt on the back of the touch cover. I'm afraid it's going to get dirty and start to look bad. Or the fabric is going to get messed up. I love this device though. I can't really call it a tablet (as in the way we think of a tablet now a days), nor is it a full blown laptop. Either way, I love it.

Feeling the same way. Working at a dirty job seems to keep me away from any color on the cover. Also, my girlfriend and I don't like the feel or sound - it feels like the roof of a car and for some reason, we don't like the sound or feel.

dmenglert

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
the keyboard felt weird at first but after about 15 minutes I found that typing on it is a lot better than expected, I may like it better than my vizio laptop. Unlike some I find that the keys (if you can call them keys) are very responsive for me.

The test was my wife, and she took to the OS very well, she stayed up a hour past her bed time, which may not sound like a lot but my wife's bedtime is hard to circumvent.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I bought both the type and touch cover. I switched to the type cover about 20 minutes ago and am loving it. I am able to type about 2 - 3 times faster (than on the touch cover) and find that responsiveness is a lot better. I will probably stick with this an return the touch cover. Pity, it is a nice red :(

SlickShoesRUCrazy

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
so, i told myself I wasn't going to buy one till blackfriday, didn't work out too well and got in on the 1year xbox music deal they had.

Over all, I think it's a great device. Smooth and very elegant. There are just little things that I find annoying, that maybe some of you have figured out that can enlighten me if there is a solution.

The Message Hub - I have to be set to available available under hotmail in order to receive messages from facebook. Problem because of this, I also become available on my Lumia 900, and so I am receiving messages three times lol.

Skype - You can't signout and sign in with a different account. Not sure who decided this, but whoever did is down right stupid.

Calendar - No To Do's or Tasks that I have seen.

that's about it for right now.

Oh, and a random complaint lol. So, I was standing in line with MS corporate employees at the scottsdale store. Supposedly the Surface was originally going to be priced at around $300 bucks but, priced it $499 so that oems didn't get pissed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon