Surface - Screen Soft Spot?

blahdre

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today I tried picking up my Surface from one of the corners and I noticed that in the specific spot i grabbed it, there was a sort of "soft spot" where the glass meets the edge. I tried other spots along the edge but this only occurred on the upper-left (if you have the Surface on the kickstand it's at the 11 o'clock position).

I later noticed if i grabbed the tablet from here, there was a small effect on the pixels next to it. Again, this happens nowhere else on the edges.

Does anyone else have this? It's not a huge thing but if I know others have this, I won't bother going for an exchange. Otherwise, i might return this one and get one that doesnt have this minor strangeness.

blahdre

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Earlier today I tried picking up my Surface from one of the corners and I noticed that in the specific spot i grabbed it, there was a sort of "soft spot" where the glass meets the edge. I tried other spots along the edge but this only occurred on the upper-left (if you have the Surface on the kickstand it's at the 11 o'clock position).

I later noticed if i grabbed the tablet from here, there was a small effect on the pixels next to it. Again, this happens nowhere else on the edges.

Does anyone else have this? It's not a huge thing but if I know others have this, I won't bother going for an exchange. Otherwise, i might return this one and get one that doesnt have this minor strangeness.
I probably should have mentioned that the soft-spot just has a lot more give than anywhere else. It doesnt stay flush with the edge and goes into the tablet a bit...

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't have this issue from what I could tell...I pushed on all 4 corners and it seemed fine. I think that might be a defect. They will probably replace it if you so desire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise