Bluestack on RT, if only...

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Bluestack would be nothing short of amazing to have on RT tablets right now. Sure it is a lot better to have apps designed specifically for the operation system, but until the store is more populated, it would be a big bonus.

Oh well, won't ever happen...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally, if it ever comes close to happening I hope both Microsoft and Google block it. On Google's side, it violates Google's agreements with developers. On Microsoft's side, it exposes the OS to all of the security flaws that are Android. I can personally do without 499,000 crappy glorified phone apps that mostly offer a poor user experience even on an Android tablet (yes, I did own one). The very few that I can think of that would be useful probably wouldn't work anyway since I seriously doubt Microsoft would grant Bluestack access to certain Windows APIs, or let Android apps override security and privacy settings.

lumpaywk

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally, if it ever comes close to happening I hope both Microsoft and Google block it. On Google's side, it violates Google's agreements with developers. On Microsoft's side, it exposes the OS to all of the security flaws that are Android. I can personally do without 499,000 crappy glorified phone apps that mostly offer a poor user experience even on an Android tablet (yes, I did own one). The very few that I can think of that would be useful probably wouldn't work anyway since I seriously doubt Microsoft would grant Bluestack access to certain Windows APIs, or let Android apps override security and privacy settings.

What security holes? even though it grants access to the cpu and hardware devices etc it will still be running in a sandbox environment meaning it cant have access to any system files folders etc. If anything its the only safe way to run android apps lol.

theseusperse

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
On Google's side, it violates Google's agreements with developers

Nope. Google agreed to it, and even sponsored the AMD project with Bluestacks to make this happen. Remember Android is open source, there is no locked down agreements other than the Google "Play Store" on Google branded devices, which this doesn't cover.

On Microsoft's side, it exposes the OS to all of the security flaws that are Android.

No it doesn't. It's completely untranslatable sandboxed code, it's literally impossible to affect the Windows and create any kind of security issue.

This is happening, it's going to be with us before Christmas, and it's going to be the beginning of the end for a certain hardware / software manufacturer. I can't wait!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa