Fake Dead Pixel

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So twice today, what appeared to be a dead pixel showed up in the lower left of the screen while in the browser. If I change apps, it works again. If I go back to the browser, it appears again. The only way it disappears while using the browser is to fully close the browser and open it again. Should I be worried about this or is it just a software issue that doesn't really matter?

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So twice today, what appeared to be a dead pixel showed up in the lower left of the screen while in the browser. If I change apps, it works again. If I go back to the browser, it appears again. The only way it disappears while using the browser is to fully close the browser and open it again. Should I be worried about this or is it just a software issue that doesn't really matter?

Don't worry about it. This appeared on my desktop running Windows 8. 100% software issue.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure I have a dead pixel on my device. It's nothing too major, and the only one that I've noticed so far, but it's still pretty frustrating. What is Microsoft's procedure with this? Can you bring it into a store and have them replace it? I like Apple's customer support for things like that.

cubanaso

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I've returned 5 surface tablets at a local pop up store after purchasing the original online. On the first one the micro sd reader was broken. On three of them at the store had a dead pixel and the last one its kick stand was protruding about 3-4 mm out on one side, man that thing was sharp. Finally they swapped out my 32gb and touch cover for a 64gb bundle. This one is good other than some obvious light bleeding on the bottom. Not a deal breaker though, just annoying. What can I say I have the magic touch for getting defective items :/

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos