Maximize your MICROSD Card

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, I have been playing with my Surface since Friday and I absolutely love it. I know most of us have purchased MICROSDXC card for extra storage. I intend to use it to its full potential for my off line files. I came up with this and would like to share it with y'all.

Change your default folders location.

First you need to access your DESKTOP. Please follow these steps.

- Open C:\Users\YourName
- Right Click the following folder and select Properties, we'll begin with "Downloads"
- Click Location
- Change C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads to D:\Users\YourName\Downloads
- Click Apply and then Ok. You'll be prompt, simply aswer YES to all.
- Repeat steps for folders "My Documents", "My Music", "My Pictures", and "My Videos"

Reboot, from this point forward all your files and download will directly saved to your MICROSD card.

Good luck!

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, I have been playing with my Surface since Friday and I absolutely love it. I know most of us have purchased MICROSDXC card for extra storage. I intend to use it to its full potential for my off line files. I came up with this and would like to share it with y'all.

Change your default folders location.

First you need to access your DESKTOP. Please follow these steps.

- Open C:\Users\YourName
- Right Click the following folder and select Properties, we'll begin with "Downloads"
- Click Location
- Change C:\Users\Yourname\Downloads to D:\Users\YourName\Downloads
- Click Apply and then Ok. You'll be prompt, simply aswer YES to all.
- Repeat steps for folders "My Documents", "My Music", "My Pictures", and "My Videos"

Reboot, from this point forward all your files and download will directly saved to your MICROSD card.

Good luck!
Is your microSD card on your D drive? The pictures library doesn't work anymore in the Photo app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12