Windows Phone Apps on Windows RT/8

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I know someone made a thread about what apps they'd like to see on the Surface.
but I'm wondering if anyone has read or heard anything about the chances all apps available on windows phones will sooner or later make it to RT/8?

for example, the phone's marketplace has apps such as Groupon, Paypal, Open Table, ESPN, Yelp, etc., but yet to be seen in the marketplace for RT.

I am hoping they will appear soon as they have beautiful interfaces on the phone and would really be useful on the Surface.

thanks.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Developers have to port apps over. Microsoft has made it very easy for them to do, but they still have to actually do it, they won't just automagically become available in Windows 8/RT. My guess/speculation is that for windows 9 and windows Phone 9 we will see a unified application market.

sleepyking

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Developers have to port apps over. Microsoft has made it very easy for them to do, but they still have to actually do it, they won't just automagically become available in Windows 8/RT. My guess/speculation is that for windows 9 and windows Phone 9 we will see a unified application market.

thanks I hope they will port them over then.
would really love to use those apps.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you want to see these apps, I would suggest "hoping" for it will not typically get you very far. If they are aware of interest (users actually contacting them) developers will be far more willing to port things over. Granted, most of the ones you want will probably be present sooner rather than later since Microsoft has been willing to throw money around to get developers on board. You will still get a faster response though if you are visible. FWIW, since Windows 8, RT, and WP8 share the same kernel, it is really not too daunting a task to port things.

Prop_r

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is pushing them to develop tablet style apps to take advantage of the larger screen. Most of the developers are working on that rather than just porting over their windows phone apps. They want to stay away from the "larger phone app" problem that exist on most of the android tablets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro