Internet Explorer Split

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So awhile ago I thought I had heard that IE could be split side by side. I then forgot about that until I was reading somewhere (a message board, maybe even this forum, the verge, who knows) that someone asked how to do that very thing. Which reminded me, "Hey I heard about that too, this guys isn't just talking out of his...." SO did anyone else hear this or did me and this other guy just both have a weird thought, or better is someone out their able to do this?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So awhile ago I thought I had heard that IE could be split side by side. I then forgot about that until I was reading somewhere (a message board, maybe even this forum, the verge, who knows) that someone asked how to do that very thing. Which reminded me, "Hey I heard about that too, this guys isn't just talking out of his...." SO did anyone else hear this or did me and this other guy just both have a weird thought, or better is someone out their able to do this?
Haha I just posted a thread earlier about that. Yeh desktop mode takes all of the fun out of metro and the surface! There's got to be a way to do this!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Haha I just posted a thread earlier about that. Yeh desktop mode takes all of the fun out of metro and the surface! There's got to be a way to do this!

No, the desktop IE is the way to do it (it is one of the reasons it is there). Metro/Modern apps run full screen and there really is no way around that. It is OS level design. Even in Windows 8, Metro/Modern apps will only run full screen....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Nothing from stopping an add from incorporating its own "splitting" I could have sworn I read about it though

If you read it, the person was incorrect. It really is by design that Metro/Modern apps are single instance, full screen. Sorry but you are not talking about an app level operation - it is OS level. Again, this was not an oversight where there might be an easy exploit. It is by design. While you can split the screen by dragging your finger in from the left edge, holding, and then adjusting so that two apps are visible, it will not let you run two instances of the same app in each split,

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett