How do you draw in Onenote MX without a stylus?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Only the desktop version of Onenote seems to allow you to draw with your fingers. I can't find a way to draw in OneNote MX using my fingers.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
You can't, you need an active digitizer pen, which will be detected automatically as pen input and let you write.

Touch and capacitive styluses are seen as the same type of input, so that function isn't available.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The first answer was correct, click on draw, choose the colour and pen thickness and away you go. You can buy a capacitive stylus rather than using your finger but you don't have the pressure options that come with the Intel version of the Surface.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The first answer was correct, click on draw, choose the colour and pen thickness and away you go. You can buy a capacitive stylus rather than using your finger but you don't have the pressure options that come with the Intel version of the Surface.

And again, that only works on OneNote 2013, which is the desktop variant. It does not work on the Metro version of OneNote that the OP is asking about.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I find using a stylus for ink on Surface RT unacceptable due to the lack of a digitizer anti-aliasing and smoothing the writing. Those of us that have used traditional Windows tablet PCs will understand. I hope the Pro will address that.

Last edited:

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My bad :). I've been using the desktop version and until this thread I totally forgot there was the MX version too..... Saying that I'm using the MX version more now.

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Would anyone mind posting a screen shot of their one note notebook? I am no longer a student but I imagine some people would find one note extremely helpful and I just wanted to see some examples.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077