Closing apps from sidebar, not always working?

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue closing applications from the left side-bar. I thought you're supposed to be able to open the left side bar, and touch-drag an application to the bottom of the screen to close it.

Well, it works when I currently in the Desktop, and only intermittently works when I am in a Metro app or in the Start screen.

Is there a certain trick to this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is very irritating...

EDIT: I realized that this method of closing apps doesn't work for me at all if I am trying to do it while I am on the Start screen. If I am currently in any other application, this works perfectly.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And is this behavior normal?

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue closing applications from the left side-bar. I thought you're supposed to be able to open the left side bar, and touch-drag an application to the bottom of the screen to close it.

Well, it works when I currently in the Desktop, and only intermittently works when I am in a Metro app or in the Start screen.

Is there a certain trick to this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is very irritating...

EDIT: I realized that this method of closing apps doesn't work for me at all if I am trying to do it while I am on the Start screen. If I am currently in any other application, this works perfectly.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And is this behavior normal?

It does not work for me either. When I try to drag the tile down, it does not want to go down and cannot be closed. So I have to open the app and swipe down to close it.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I think it works for me but will try it again. By the way, Windows 8/RT automatically manages your metro apps so you don't have to close it. When an app is in the background it is suspended and resources freed if required. So closing apps isn't going to make a difference to your tablets performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos