Happy with your Surface purchase?

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Today it hit me just how happy I was with my purchase of Surface. My wife asked me a question about using dual screens at work and I was like I don't know let me see.. plugged in the surface to the tv through hdmi, plugged in my trackpad / mini keyboard through USB, then went into desktop mode and extended the displays. I just can't get over how robust windows RT is, and how nice of a tablet Microsoft has made! I don't even think that windows is close to its full potential either! I do realize the app store is limited but so were every other tablet store when the devices were first introduced, so I know the apps will come with time.

Just wanted to find out if others were as happy as I am with my purchase?

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yep. 64GB of pure love.
I still have to use my ipad for my magazines and walking dead game, but RT will get there.

Last edited:

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Happy is a strong word. I would use....content, so far. If performance were a little better, more apps were added, and I could use the SD card for my libraries (natively) then I would be happy.

On a side note, I barely use my laptop anymore because of Surface. And I'm usually on that thing religiously when I get home.

taliosfalcon

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning towards returning it, I like most other things about it but the dynamic brightness screen flicker is driving me nuts and I can't stand it. (this is different from the automatic brightness you can turn off)

dermotf

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Happy is a strong word. I would use....content, so far. If performance were a little better, more apps were added, and I could use the SD card for my libraries (natively) then I would be happy.

On a side note, I barely use my laptop anymore because of Surface. And I'm usually on that thing religiously when I get home.

You can use the sd card for your libraries, not quite sure what you mean by natively.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I had originally planned to keep my laptop for heavy use along with my desktop. My laptop is now sitting on a shelf in a closet.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
There is just something about having a desktop. I know it doesn't run legacy apps. But being able to use the classic windows system applications as well as desktop IE, is just awesome.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love it. The best tech device I have purchased in years. That share charm is fantastic.

Good to know others feel the same way about it.. I wanted to find out if people were replacing there other devices with it, and it seems like they are which is great! I didn't know if it could be a laptop replacement but for me and my uses its the closest out of any device by far and I def could replace the laptop which is amazing!

There is just something about having a desktop. I know it doesn't run legacy apps. But being able to use the classic windows system applications as well as desktop IE, is just awesome.
This out of anything is my favourite feature. I am so very tired out by apples system of not showing you where the files are going and having to sync. Having the full windows files and folders is just awesome and makes my life less stressful :p

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's probably the best mobile device I have ever owned. You can dock, you can carry, you can lap it, surface it whatever all forms of computing in one small 10 inch device with a touch keyboard.

My own flaws is performance I think just because of all the smooth Metro animations can slow down the OS but overall I'll take it the usability is far more worth it.

IE10 really makes up for the lack of apps such as Facebook etc but docking with a keyboard is awesome even on the go is awesome.

Great device easily a 9/10

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with the device but do you think you could make the choices even more black and white? After all you could just drop undecided and make it love or hate. The real point being my bet is most people like the device but turning it into a love fest is far too Apple for my tastes. If you only want three choices, satisfied, unsatisfied, and undecided will capture the feelings of more users than couldn't be happier, etc..

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

Haha this is sooo true, I've been using surface for everything, doing things on it is just so easy. My absolute best decision to preorder this bad boy, and **** I get a lot of ooo is that that microsoft tablet on tv. Microsoft has a cool factor, which I admit is pretty awesome.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
does anyone feel that they have neglected their smartphone too much because of their new surface tablet? I felt sorry for my phone last night. I think it got mad at me because it didn't wake me up (alarm) like usual. Odd lol.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha this is sooo true, I've been using surface for everything, doing things on it is just so easy. My absolute best decision to preorder this bad boy, and **** I get a lot of ooo is that that microsoft tablet on tv. Microsoft has a cool factor, which I admit is pretty awesome.

This is so true! I brought mine to class for the first time the other day, and the girl next to me was like "That's so cool! Make it make the noise from the commercial!" So I pulled out the keyboard and snapped it back in, and she went nuts over it!

Now onto the original point of the thread: I LOVE my Surface! I take it to work, to class, and I'm glued to it at home. My old laptop has been relegated to my bedroom TV as a Netflix/Hulu streamer. My only complaint is the bugginess of Xbox Music, but that can be fixed by a simple app update. In the week or so between my pre-order and the arrival of my device I was nervous about the purchase, but so far it has been well worth it!

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My smart phone is for when I'm on the go...meetings, grocery store, shopping, texting. For everything else I use my tablet.

Heck I even play games more on my tablet than I do on my 5 month old gaming desk top I just built.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Very happy with the device but do you think you could make the choices even more black and white? After all you could just drop undecided and make it love or hate. The real point being my bet is most people like the device but turning it into a love fest is far too Apple for my tastes. If you only want three choices, satisfied, unsatisfied, and undecided will capture the feelings of more users than couldn't be happier, etc..

I can't edit it now but what other option do you want?.. option 4 I don't like it as much as my apple, android device? People can put undecided. Its a poll for if your happy with the purchase I think it makes sense to be to the point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)