Sign out of Skype

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to sign out of Skype? I run Skype on my laptop while working during the day, and don't want the messages going to both the laptop and the Surface. And I also don't want to keep getting messages when I'm done with work, but can't find anywhere to log out of Skype.

I know I can turn off notifications for Skype, but then I need to go turn them on again when using Skype on the RT. Just seems weird that's there's no log out button or something.

mersa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
In Skype tap on your user icon in the top right corner, select "Show as Offline". Now, you won't get any messages, unless you reset your status to online/available.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
In Skype tap on your user icon in the top right corner, select "Show as Offline". Now, you won't get any messages, unless you reset your status to online/available.

That's not actually how you do it. And if I have Skype running on another machine it update the status to offline, which I don't want.

On the Surface, you have to disable it from running in the background (Charms Bar, Permissions)...

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you already knew an answer.

How about right clicking on the left menu bar and selecting "close" with the keyboard or drag the window with your finger and then down to close it.

Seems simpler.

Ying Onarnin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
????????????.jpg

How to Sign out Skype on Windows Phone (My phone is Nokia Lumia 920)
1. Click on Status icon right top corner
2. Click on setting option ( ... ) right bottom corner
3. Click on Switch Accout bottom

^ ^ enjoy on skype

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234