Official Must Have Apps

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Didn't see a thread so I figured I should make one. What are your favorite apps so far? Outside of the obvious ones I'm really enjoying these:
iCookbook
Wine Table
Cocktail Flow
TweeTro
YouTubeRT
MLS

LIST AWAY

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see a thread so I figured I should make one. What are your favorite apps so far? Outside of the obvious ones I'm really enjoying these:
iCookbook
Wine Table
Cocktail Flow
TweeTro
YouTubeRT
MLS

LIST AWAY

Youtube rt sucks. Go for YouTube+. U can sign in and dl,vids

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Cocktail flow is such a nice app! If not the nicest I have seen!. I've been enjoying:

Nextgen Reader
Xbmc Remote+

Now I need a good smooth EPUB reader with highlighting and a photo editing app that removes red eye... and possibly a video player that will play .mkv and CHROME please! Then I am all set. The rest will just be fun additional apps.

Last edited:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
iCookbook
Wine Table
Cocktail Flow
TweeTro
YouTubeRT
MLS

LIST AWAY

We seem to be using the word official rather liberally around here. This is wish list stuff based upon personal preference. There also isn't a thing on your list I would consider must have, or that I would even want. Not trying to be rude but how about we title threads what they are?

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
We seem to be using the word official rather liberally around here. This is wish list stuff based upon personal preference. There also isn't a thing on your list I would consider must have, or that I would even want. Not trying to be rude but how about we title threads what they are?

I called it official in the sense of this will be the one stop thread for great app recommendations. Feel free to participate or see ya later.

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's my "official" list:
Netflix, NBC News, ABC News, ABC Player
Pinball FX2, Reckless Racing, Jetpack Joyride
EBay, woot!
OneNote, Skitch, Remote Desktop

paulschapman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
iCookbook
Wine Table
Cocktail Flow
TweeTro
YouTubeRT
MLS

LIST AWAY

Mine is out to delivery, but the first apps that will be installed will be

Evernote
Kindle
Office
Flixster

DougB541#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
wha wha what?!?! DOWNLOADING!

ya huh. Use the Devices Charm when playing a video and with your xbox on (i don't think it matters who is signed in either) and you can push video right to the xbox in HD glory and remain with full control of your Surface (unlike using Smartglass).

You can do the same with local music and also the video app as well. I hope more apps plug into the devices charm for audio/video sending.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
is that right? i will have to check out again, when used, seems to be very limited.

I actually prefer YoutubeRT over Youtube+ because when downloading videos, it asks you where you want to save in your computer (in mp4 format that can be played using the stock video app). Also you can save it in mp3 format as well if you just want the song. I don't know if you will still buy music because this is so powerful.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
There's an app called The Big Picture that I really like. It is just an occasionally-updated collection of professional photos from the staff of the Boston Globe. Some of them are truly beautiful, and it lets you download them to use for your lock screen etc.

One minor bug I noticed: When you choose to save a photo it will save the previous photo, not the one you're currently looking at, so go one photo past the one you really want and then save. I'm sure they'll fix that in the next update, but it gives you lots of choices for a beautiful lock screen or desktop bg pic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon