What in the world is wrong with the marketplace?

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I type in the name of apps I know are there, like Skype, and they don't show up. I have to do a scavenger hunt of scanning through links and pages to find it. Then some days the number of apps listed at the top of the marketplace drops by as much as 200. 200 apps are pulled in one day? Lets hope this fix this also. Im looking for apps like Amazon and IMDB, but don't know if they aren't developed yet or once again a direct search is not finding them.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
When you do your search, make sure that "Store" is highlighted under the search box. Sometimes it defaults to Apps. So if you search for "Skype", and it's not installed, it will return no results.

As far as the other apps you mentioned, I just keep checking WPCentral. When the big name apps are released they will be one of the first to report it.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I type in the name of apps I know are there, like Skype, and they don't show up. I have to do a scavenger hunt of scanning through links and pages to find it. Then some days the number of apps listed at the top of the marketplace drops by as much as 200. 200 apps are pulled in one day? Lets hope this fix this also. Im looking for apps like Amazon and IMDB, but don't know if they aren't developed yet or once again a direct search is not finding them.

"You're doing it wrong".

Like it's been stated. You have to search but the charms bar but have "Store" highlighted.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem with Windows 8 that there was some setting that it prioritizes local language apps. Basically this meant I found nothing but apps in my language. When I unticked it, a whole new world was revealed! :D

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the problem with Windows 8 that there was some setting that it prioritizes local language apps. Basically this meant I found nothing but apps in my language. When I unticked it, a whole new world was revealed! :D

Does anyone know where this setting is, because I already have been doing the search correctly by highlighting "store" first. Yet nothing comes up on my searches.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Open up the marketplace, then get the menu from the right (not sure if called Charms-menu?) and select Settings (or Options, not sure how its translated in english) and then Settings/Options again. Then there should be something along the lines of "Make it easier to find apps with primary languages". That's a rough translation of how it says in Finnish, could be something along the lines of "Prioritize primary languages" or something.

This is on a full Windows 8 Pro on a desktop, so mileage may vary on Surface.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Open up the marketplace, then get the menu from the right (not sure if called Charms-menu?) and select Settings (or Options, not sure how its translated in english) and then Settings/Options again. Then there should be something along the lines of "Make it easier to find apps with primary languages". That's a rough translation of how it says in Finnish, could be something along the lines of "Prioritize primary languages" or something.

This is on a full Windows 8 Pro on a desktop, so mileage may vary on Surface.

Problem fixed. That also returns the app count to where it was. Thanks. Now if they can fix the Xbox Music and Video app this thing will be king of the hill.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Store is stilled flawed. When I click on new releases it shows stuff that's been around. However if I click on the apps heading then sort by newest it shows the newest apps.

The other thing that is more disturbing though is the dearth of ARM apps in store. I have a x64 desktop I use to look at the store too and the number of x86 64 apps is growing steady, with some great additions. Lots of review complaints on those about not having an ARM version. Microsoft needs to get on top of this problem or Surface returns will soar.

Steve_Dhalai

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The Store has been temperamental for a while... The issues I have revolve around having a windows phone. Sometimes if there's an update for an app on my tablet, my phone will display the update icon... and then load no apps to update. Or vice-versa

There were also some issues previously with some people finding the Netflix app. Hopefully all will be fixed soon.

In terms of the marketplace growing... People don't have the devices yet. When more windows RT devices get out there then we'll see it grow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs