Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

Hi everyone, I need a second opinion. Today I noticed that there seems to be some separation between the back of the tablet and the bezel (see attached picture). I am actually able to slide a sheet a paper between that area all across the tablet. Can anyone try this and see if it is like that by design or is mine flawed. Thank you all in advance.
    11-02-2012 05:18 PM
    That for sure doesn't look right. While it may not make the tablet work any differently, there is cause for concern because dirt and debris could get down in there. I'd swap it out for another.
    11-02-2012 05:32 PM
    Hi everyone, I need a second opinion. Today I noticed that there seems to be some separation between the back of the tablet and the bezel (see attached picture). I am actually able to slide a sheet a paper between that area all across the tablet. Can anyone try this and see if it is like that by design or is mine flawed. Thank you all in advance.
    Looks like you need to swap yours out. Mine is a *little* off from perfect, but nothing like that.
    11-02-2012 05:34 PM
    Ya just examined my Surface and looks like there's a problem with yours, definitely can't fit a sheet of paper in mine.
    11-02-2012 05:35 PM
    Same is true of mine, but the separation is even all the way around and looks 'as designed'. It took a few tries but I was able to get the corner of a piece of paper in there too, although it was clearly a tight fit.

If the paper slides in easily then maybe yours is worse, but if not I suspect it's not that big a deal.
    11-02-2012 06:51 PM
    Had this problem with the Samsung Slate I acquired last year as well - it separated ever so slightly, and dust got underneath. Became annoying enough that I took it back and had it replaced.
    11-02-2012 06:56 PM
    Mine is like yours. Although not as bad. I'm keeping this one. Never know what a new will be like!! Also, mine has a dent in the back and the kickstand is warped. But as I've said, this one is mine and I'm keeping it!!
    11-02-2012 08:06 PM
    It is a manufacturing defect. The fit should be snug all around. They will exchange it with no questions asked.
    11-02-2012 09:18 PM
    Same is true of mine, but the separation is even all the way around and looks 'as designed'. It took a few tries but I was able to get the corner of a piece of paper in there too, although it was clearly a tight fit.

If the paper slides in easily then maybe yours is worse, but if not I suspect it's not that big a deal.
    The same is not true of yours if you had to take a few tries.

The unfortunate reality of people pointing out a legit issue with one machine is that it becomes fodder for others to apply a subjective standard and decide they have the problem. There will inevitably be hundreds who then see the same problem if they hold it upside down while facing a mirror under black light while listening to Led Zeppelin backwards. If people cannot replicate the specific issue then it is not the same thing.
    Last edited by swyost; 11-03-2012 at 04:04 AM.
    11-02-2012 09:22 PM
    Just swapped it out. This one is a close to Microsoft advertise "perfect" as I think it will get. This has been a rough experience to say the least. Ironically enough a Microsoft rep at a local best buy was also going to return his surface as well. His micro sd reader wasn't working and the logo on the back was full of blemishes. Iam going to try my best and just enjoy this tablet. Its been tough because Microsoft set the bar really high with this product and iam just trying to get a product with that quality.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    11-02-2012 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD