IPad to surface people here?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just curious who is enjoying this more than the ipad. I for one, have had all the iPads at some point or another and lots of android tabs, and I have to say I'm actually enjoying this way more than those even tho this one still needs some software tweaking lol. So share ur thoughts on the tabs

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and an iTunes for WinRT would probably double the value of the Surface. So Apple won't make one... I wrote a mail to Eddie Cue asking for it nevertheless...

fishgen

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I have sold an iPad and nexus 7. This sexy beast is now replacing my laptop

I still think nothing beats the iPad for entertainment though, won't sell it. I don't believe my two years old boy could manage to learn using the Surface as he does the iPad. Plus he would miss all his great apps.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
<<Raises hand.

Thank the good Lord I don't have to even look at iTunes anymore. That piece of crap software I'd almost consider malware and the second I booted up the Surface, swiped across the screen a few times, and knew that I had finally found a worthy competitor, I immediately uninstalled that crapware.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Good thread OP. I was wondering how many iPad users picked up the Surface. I've had at least a half dozen Android tablets, but still go back to my iPad. The Surface might be the one that puts the iPad to rest for good. It's not that I don't like the iPad; I think its a great tablet. It's smooth, fluid and the apps look good. I'm just always looking for something different and not what everyone else has.

So anyway, the iPad it put away for now so I'm forced to reach for the Surface instead. So far I'm not missing it that much, and we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had all the ipads since the first and am very happy I moved to surface. There are obv less apps but with growth and more developers coming aboard I'm not too worried about that. I love the functionality and features and feel it is superior to the iPad in that regard. Running two apps at once is brilliant.

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I miss are magazine apps. The few that I read (automobile, motor trend, wired, car and driver) all offered free digital copies with a print sub, which was usually cheaper than digital only. Google Play doesn't let you use print subs for access either. Hoping that B&N partnership opens up some more print choices for the surface, but other than that I'm iPad and nexus 7 free now

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I still think nothing beats the iPad for entertainment though, won't sell it. I don't believe my two years old boy could manage to learn using the Surface as he does the iPad. Plus he would miss all his great apps.

Well I'm not 2 years old. But this confirms my statements of how the iPad is for small children and old people.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, and an iTunes for WinRT would probably double the value of the Surface. So Apple won't make one... I wrote a mail to Eddie Cue asking for it nevertheless...

For some reason that brought up an odd image of someone using iTunes on a Surface to sync content to an iPad connected via USB. Lol.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not 2 years old. But this confirms my statements of how the iPad is for small children and old people.

....and again with the arrogant and obnoxious comments dismissive of anyone who doesn't share your enlightened view of the world. Congratulations on keeping your record intact.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
....and again with the arrogant and obnoxious comments dismissive of anyone who doesn't share your enlightened view of the world. Congratulations on keeping your record intact.

Calm down forum stalker. Your inability to comprehend posts is making you look stupid. No one was being dismissive of anything. No one was disagreeing with the person I quoted.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPad 2 and haven't powered it on at all this week to give me time with the surface. Last year I bought a S2 and I lasted 2 days before returning it and was convinced that I wouldn't find anything to replace my iPad/iPhone.

Happy to report that Love my Surface but there are some short comings that I hope can be fixed:

Battery life is no where near the iPad I took mine of charge at about 11:30 and 12 hours later with minimal use it is down to 58% unlike my iPad that only need charging once a week.

The lay out of the browser some of it is very nice but I don't like having to swipe down to show the other tabs and up to bring up the address bar. Also it seems to struggle with a lot of sites with slow load times.

IE hardly ever gets redirected to mobile sites and when it does it is the ancient ones that were used for GPRS browsing which males sites like Youtube a pain to navigate.

But there is a lot to love the file system that alone is worth the price of entry, the mulit tasking I was browsing a resturant website today and wanted to send my wife the menu all I had to do was bring up the charm menu and select email. The email app slid in and let me do what i needed it. Just superb.

The built in apps like Xbox Music needs a overhal it is missing far too many simple things which makes using it a headache.

But on the whole I am very impressed it really takes things to the next level and beyond and this is just the beginning.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Coming off an iPad1 to the surface. Overall I love the surface, it's still missing some apps that I used a lot on my ipad (53-Paper and Penultimate are two that come to mind) but other than that I coping fine (Zinio has a few limitations compared to the iPad version though)

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No I still have my iPad 3. I need it for playing games and reading my magazines.
For everything else the surface works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon